Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday Ducks

My chickens are no longer free-ranging, and my ducks are all back in a row now.  I like my ducks to be in a row, waddling in step and quacking in unison.  Unlike Bill, who prefers his geese to be all over the place!

Interesting article:  Redheads & Dentists

We now have our Christmas trees up!  Two of the three ceramic trees, they are on top of the entertainment center on one side.  I still haven't found the stockings, so we're probably just going to have to make do with plastic grocery bags this year.  I'm not inclined to get back up in the attic at the moment.


I don't know why the picture is so dark, the flash was on and it's a bright enough corner.  But anyway, there are two of the three ceramic trees we have.  The big one is one that Mom gave us the first Christmas we were in Oklahoma, so it's about 19 years old.  There were 3, one was Froggy's and one was Toadle's.  Mine is the only one still intact and it's always a "hold your breath" moment when we unpack it each year.  The smaller one is one I picked up at a thrift store or yard sale a couple of years ago.

This is one of the reasons that we don't have the big tree up this year:


She was looking up at me in hopes of being let out in the back yard, but as soon as I pushed the button on the camera she looked down and that's the picture that I took.  The other furry clown was nowhere to be seen, he leaves as soon as he sees the camera.  No idea why.

This is the reason we don't have one of the (many) tabletop trees that we have up:


That is the sofa table, which is in front of the back window in the living room.  Part of Billyboy's arm is visible in the top, left corner.  The trash can is sitting on top of the bookshelf he made for us, because the aforementioned furry clowns tend to take things out of it if we leave it on the floor.  The pink socks that are beside the trash can are old ones that Otter outgrew, and now they are Frasier's.  He wore them for a while last night, when he started chewing on his leg again.

We're through Christmas shopping!  We don't have a lot to buy, since we are out of the gift exchange whirl for the most part.  There were just a couple of things we wanted to get, and we also needed to do some "us" shopping so we hit the mall as soon as we got home from church.  We got there just before the crowd and were able to get what we wanted, then get out without too much trouble.  When we left, it was getting really crowded.  We also went to Wally and a couple of other places and they were very crowded.

Since the weather was cooperative, and it needed to be done, Otter and I got the vacuum out while ago and de-furred the inside of my car.  She also cleaned the inside of the front windshield for me, and the two back windows while she was at it because they had lots and lots of doggy nose prints.  When we got through, I loaded the trunk full with stuff to donate.  I'll take it to Goodwill tomorrow, then I'll load the trunk up again but this time it will be recycling stuff.

Now, if I could just get Bill to get the garage organized...

No comments: