Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday Eh?

(First things first, I'd like to thank Alexandra for the picture on my sidebar.  The picture of the lovely, precious little girl who is just as entitled to life as the rest of us.)

Eh? is one of those all-purpose words, it can mean whatever it needs to in a non-commital way.  It also means that I can't think of an appropriate title today!

It's been a busy week, and also a little slow at the same time.  Bill was back at work, he used up all his comp time before it went away for ever the week before.  Otter has just about finished her first semester at College, she still has one or two days this coming week and then she's done for close to a month.  The last day is uncertain, each of her four teachers has changed their finals dates at least once.  She thinks that tomorrow is the last day for at least one of her classes, but she won't know for sure until tomorrow.  The book buy-back is this coming week, she's probably got two that are eligible and will take them in tomorrow.  She's not expecting much, but one of them turned out to not be used at all - although it was required that she have it - and it's still in the shrink wrap it was in when she bought it.  She's going to ask about that, since it was also a new book when she bought it.

One of her class assignments was to come up with a skit to show what the class was about, they were divided into two groups.  That class also had a homework project that had to be done on posterboard.  The poster was due Friday and that was also when the skits were presented.  Otter didn't want to carry her posterboard and clothes for the skit, so I took them to her when I got off work.  The instructor told me to stay, so I got to observe.  Otter's group involved being bums or protestors, none of them actually looked the part (too clean!) but they did try and they had a lot of fun.  Froggy, that's what I texted you pictures of.  They had a good time with it and they did a good job.

It was cold this week, mostly at night and we've had a few excuses to use some of that firewood we bought.  Friday night, we roasted marshmallows.  It was fun and they were good.  Also, the dogsters did not forget where their spots were and they spent a lot of time napping in front of the fireplace.  Especially Maggie Moo.  Frasier likes the warmth, but he prefers to snooze on their blankets.  It could be rainy mid-week.

I've been crocheting a lot.  I have a pay job, and it never fails:  I make headway destashing and then I get a pay job - and I never have the particular color in my stash so I have to go buy it!  I'm in the middle of the latest one and should be able to finish it tomorrow.  Possibly tonight, but I'm not really sure I want to try.  Then there may be another job, which Bill will find out for sure about tomorrow since it's for someone he works with.  I've also made two scarf/hat sets for Otter to give as Christmas gifts to her friends.  I had a few other hats already made and she's been in that as well, so several of her friends will be wearing my crochet.  I actually like "selling" them to her, because she works off anything she owes me! :)

Otter had a fun day, we went to Wallyworld and got there just as her favorite cashier was getting his lunch break.  So, they walked to a pizza place next door to Wallyworld and I ran a couple of other errands I had.  Then by the time I got done, they were just heading back to the store so he could clock back in.  Otter and I got our small shopping done and then we had to go through a specific check stand.  HP's going to be getting one of the scarf/hat sets, incidentally.  His set is forest green and I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

We rented the movie Cowboys & Aliens yesterday.  It was surprisingly good.  Not exactly your standard sci-fi, but that's part of what made it so enjoyable.  We'll probably buy it.

It doesn't seem possible that Christmas is just a couple of weeks away and also that the end of this year is right behind that.  It should still be only about June or July.

No comments: