Wednesday, December 28, 2011

It's Been a Loooooooooooooooooooooooong Day!

It started at 4:00 this morning.  Actually, I think it started earlier than that, but that is when I looked at the clock.  I think Bill's day started a couple of hours before that.

We've been out of town.  We went to TEXAS for Christmas.  We left at 4:50 last Friday morning and drove to San Antonio.  We spent the next several days with assorted family and had a wonderful Christmas.  And I turned 50.  My birthday was spent having puffy tacos and shopping.  It was worth the 500 mile drive for the puffy tacos alone!  But we had a lot of visiting time in there as well, it wasn't all about food.

The dogsters had a vacation, they went to stay with "Beckymom" at her boarding kennel.  We took them last Thursday and we picked them up this afternoon.  They were crazy excited to see us!  When we left them there last week, Frasier was quite happy to get there but Maggie was practicing her sad puppy expression - until we got out of her sight, then she was bouncy & ready to play with the other doggies.  We could see her as Becky took them to the play yard, and it was pretty obvious that Maggie was happy the second we were out of her sight.  Frasier is always easier to leave anywhere, and they were well looked after so we weren't worried about them.

We left a little early this morning, about 4:45.  We hit Austin and Dallas well before the traffic normally starts and we made it home in record time.  8 hours, 45 minutes.  We've never made it that fast before.  We didn't actually stop to eat, we had beef jerky & snack food as well as cokes and bottled water.  Since we were making such good time, we decided that we'd just head straight and eat when we got home.  We had Digorno's pizzas waiting in the freezer at home for us, and they were delicious.

Among other things on our trip, Otter and I met Froggy at the yarn store I like so much and I stocked up on the good yarn that is hard to find.  We also went to a couple of thrift stores and I saw the exact match of my wedding gown.  I didn't think about it until later, but my dress was made for me and it's very possible that it actually was my gown.

Bill acquired two pachinko machines on the trip, one of them in Dallas and one in San Antonio.  The Dallas machine was picked up for him a few weeks back by JediMom and she held it for ransom for a visit from us - she even sent him a ransom note with letters cut out from a magazine.  Bill's brother picked up the other machine for him.  There was another one in the Waco area, he'd made arrangements to look at it on the way back today but the seller forgot to put it in her car and was at work.  She wouldn't have been able to get off work until 5:00 and it was around 9:00 when we were in the area, so we had to skip that stop.  Still, he got two new machines so he's happy.

We are off the rest of the week and don't have to go back to work until Tuesday.  Tomorrow, I'm taking the car in for an oil change and then going to the grocery store.  I was going to the grocery store today, but realized as I was walking in the door that I'd left the (long) list at home.  So, I just grabbed milk & orange juice and I'll hit it tomorrow.  I'm pretty tired anyway.

The couch is calling me, so I'm going to post this and then take it easy until bedtime.  Which will probably be very early tonight!  But we had a great trip and I'm so glad we went.  However, it will be good to sleep in my own bed tonight.

No comments: