Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Non-Whining Wednesday

No good titles are springing to mind, so whatever!

Otter's bliss:


She loves these things!  They are almost impossible to find anymore.  They used to be stocked with the rest of the candy, maybe not in large quantities but always stocked and in heavier amounts at Halloween.  She has been able to find them at specialty candy stores in the mall, but usually they are sold individually.  We've been haunting the Halloween candy aisles in hopes of finding them and had about given up with intentions of turning to the internet.  Target had them in their ad last Sunday, so I ran over there Monday afternoon.  They had 5 bags left, and probably didn't have a huge supply to start with.  I bought all 5 bags of them.  They will last her for a very loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.  Bill might get the occasional one, but I don't think that he's particularly crazy about them.  I do like them a little bit, but they don't work very well with dentures.  But at least Otter is now restocked with one of her favorite candy varieties.

Speaking of Otter, and I was, she's still having allergy issues.  She is a little better, the congestion is still there but it's not as bad.  Her throat hasn't been sore since Monday, although she said that it gets a little dry but that's probably because of the drainage and the fact that she's had a stuffy nose quite a bit.  But it is allergy and most likely not a sinus infection.  Which is good, because we are still planning on going to the Fair on Sunday!  Rain or shine.

We were also going to look at the Fair for the caramel apple pops, there is usually at least one booth selling candy.  I'm going to try to be good as far as food goes on Sunday, but Frito Chili Pie is my standard at the Fair and it's about the only time I actually eat it.  I love it, but it's not healthy.  But it's the Fair, and Fair food is in it's own category on the food charts!

I bought groceries this afternoon.  I was going to go tomorrow, but the cold front is expected tomorrow and the rain could start at any time.  So, I decided that today would be better and it wasn't very crowded.  I got in and out of Wallyworld in just under an hour, and I had a pretty big list so I'm not complaining.  Much!  Among other things, I bought more allergy medicine for Otter.  I also bought more of the ear plugs I use on occasion.  The cashier was very amused to see that I was buying those two particular items at the same time.  I can see why it was funny, but the ear plugs are something I keep on my nightstand all year round - Bill doesn't snore often, but when he does it's L.O.U.D.

Toadles, I'm wondering if maybe you have discovered the Fountain of Youth and didn't tell anybody?  I mean, how else can you explain a grown man having to get tubes in his ears!  (Actually, it's only one tube).

No comments: