Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday Serendipity


Serendipity

About 10 minutes ago, I was cleaning out the lint trap in the dryer and pulled the hose off - accidentally.  I had to get Bill to come help me reattach the thing, and while we were at it we pulled the dryer out to clean underneath it.  Which was a good thing, as we discovered that the hose was probably not attached tight enough and there was lint everywhere.  It was probably a fire hazard, actually.  So it's a good thing that I pulled the hose off by mistake.

But that's not exactly what this is about.

About 5 minutes before I pulled the hose off the dryer, for no reason whatsoever (or at least I didn't think so at the time), thoughts of one of the opal earrings I lost nearly 3 years ago suddenly popped into my head.  Specifically, the one that Bill gave me and I thought was probably lost in the car when the seatbelt got caught in my hair one day.

I was getting ready to hand Bill the vacuum hose, to get behind the dryer.  For some reason, I happened to look down at the carpeted floor in the hallway.  Right in front of the vacuum.  And there was my earring!  It was probably in the dryer at some point, and must have made it's way through the hose because it apparently fell out of the hose into the hallway when I was moving the hose out of Bill's way so he could vacuum.  It's actually only the drop part, the part that has the opal.  The stud itself is not anywhere that I could see, but that part can be replaced.  The opal was part of a matched set.

However, since there really are no such thing as accidents, I think I was just graced.  As in from God.

And I'm thankful!

And it almost was enough to make the migraine I've had since yesterday about 6:30 p.m. go away.  It certainly made me stop griping about having to do laundry! :)

Frasier barked last night.  All night long.  For no reason that we could determine at the time.  After a while of yelling at him, Bill finally got up and dragged him forcefully to the garage.  Where he stayed the rest of the night, blocked from the kitchen and also blocked from the outside.  Didn't shut him up, though.  At first, we thought he was just being idiotic, but then I remembered hearing dogs in the neighborhood bark just as I was drifting off to sleep (about 8:30, since the migraine drove me to bed early).  When Bill got up, around 4:30 or 5:00 a.m., he said that Frasier was still barkey but that he could also hear dogs outside.  Somewhere, and not necessarily in a yard but probably roaming the street.  I got up about 7:00 and we could still hear them, although they were further off in the distance by that point.  I sat out on the deck later on, probably around 8:00 or so and I could still hear them.  Except that I'm pretty sure that they weren't dogs!  It wouldn't be the first time we'd had coyotes.  But it would explain the type of barking we were hearing, they are canine but they don't sound the same as dogs at all.  If Frasier is barkey tonight, I might just give in and sleep on the couch because he'll be quieter if I'm in there.  That way, at least Bill and Otter can get some sleep.

Or, I could just turn BigDog into a rug.  Or houseshoes and a purse.  No, I think a rug would be a better choice.

No comments: