Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Maggie? Maaaagiiiiiiiieeeeeee!!!!!!!!! MAGGIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we call the dogs, we have a specific way we say each of their names.  Maggie Moo has a frequent case of "convenient hearing" when we call her - which means she ignores whomever is yelling for her.
 
A few days ago, she was out in the back yard doing whatever beagles do when they are on their own.  Usually crawling under the shed in her case!  I called her several times and then I realized something.  The resident mockingbird has learned to call her, too!  Not that she listened to the bird anymore than she did to me, but it was really funny to hear the bird.  The mockingbird doesn't quite have the word down yet, but "he" had the exact cadence and pitch exactly.  I think it's probably a matter of time until the bird learns to mimic the actual word "Maggie."  Then it's going to be really fun!
 
Froggy, you asked me about Bill's shoe size:  11 1/2 Wide.  He tried on a pair at the store in question today and I know which style so I know what to get him at the discounted place.  I don't know how much the store wanted for them today, the ones I like are $108 at the store in Tulsa that sells them.  I'm sure the discounted place is much cheaper, it was the last time I was there.  I'm not sure if Otter wants any of that particular brand, I'll ask her and if she does want any then we'll go by the shoe store on Saturday after the flea market so she can pick a pair out and I'll get the size and style.  But I think she's got several pairs of sandles already so I'm not sure if she'll want any more or not.  But they do have some really cute purses...
 
I called the vet today and ordered more of the tranquilizers for Fraiser.  He doesn't need them very often, but I like to keep them on hand and I think the bottle we have now only has one or two left.  I'm thinking I'll probably give him one tonight, he's been pretty good at night but he's waking up earlier and earlier here lately.  When he wakes up, he's ready to go outside to visit the grass.  We usually get up around 5:00 on weekdays, but he's been barking his "gotta go outside" bark earlier and it was probably around 4:45 this morning.  I'm not going to let him get into the habit of thinking I'm going to get up and let him out just because he barks because I don't think he really wants out.  This morning, he didn't seem to actually want out at all - I think he just wanted me.  I'm going to break this habit before it gets going again, nobody wants to go through that again!
 
I got the oil changed in my car this morning.  If I get there right at 7:00, when the Chevy place opens, they can generally get my car done and I get on the road to work by 7:40 and sometimes earlier.  I got about 1 1/2 rows done on my current crochet project while I waited.
 
Happy news:  I bought a pair of blue jeans today.  And they are a size smaller than the ones I bought in December!  The ones I bought in December had gotten pretty loose, but I really wasn't sure if the next size down would fit me yet or not.  I was very pleasantly surprised that it did, so of course I had to buy them!  Actually, I really did need them since the other pair are pretty loose and Otter likes to tease me about wearing my jeans low - because I raised my arms the other day and the front of my jeans dropped quite a bit exposing my belly.  She thought it was really funny, for some reason!
 
We've been watching The World Wars mini-series on the History Channel.  It's really good, very well done.  It's a lot to pack into 6 hours, but they have done a very good job.
 
OK, I think that was everything I wanted to talk about tonight.

No comments: