Friday, May 02, 2014

Not My Pal!

I'm referring to PayPal.  Bill called them last night.  They gave him a runaround, so he called out RHTW* and She was more than willing to play!  But I don't think the PayPal unsmart person wants to play with Her again.  (Their loss, RHTW is lots of fun.)
 
Among other things, PayPal said that 1) they never, ever, ever, ever charged anything to our credit card and that it always came out of our checking account.  I told her that I knew that wasn't true and that I had years worth of credit card statements to back it up.  2)  PayPal said that they always ask (EACH AND EVERY TIME) on a transaction which account we want them to use:  the bank or the credit card.  I "educated" her on that one, too.  She'd already tried to tell Bill that story and I think that's the one that finally convinced him that it was time for the Big Guns (RHTW.)  4)  She denied that they would ever do what they always have:  take money from the PayPal account to pay for a transaction and then the remaining balance, if any, would be charged to the credit card.  There were a few other untruths that she said, but RHTW got her on every one of them.  At one point, she interrupted RHTW (not a smart thing to do!) and I told her that it was my turn to talk and that she'd better keep quiet and listen.  Which she did, but I don't think she liked it.  I honestly gave her a chance to explain before I let RHTW out of the fence.  I also told her that I dealt with business matters on a daily basis and that I knew what I was talking about.
 
Bill finally just told her that we were ending the conversation.  Today, he got another email from PayPal.  It said that there was a charge that was refused by our bank as NSF (it was refused but not as NSF) and that they were going to send it back to the bank on the same account again within 3 to 5 business days.  That's when I went to the bank and all our accounts are now set up where PayPal can not charge anything at all.  Until the year 2050.  The lady at the bank was amused when I told her that the PayPal unsmart person learned that Redhead Tempers are not just a myth!  She said that PayPal has 3 different company id's they use, all three are blocked but if PayPal ever uses a different one we may have to deal with this again but that they (the bank) would take care of it for us.
 
Bill called PayPal back after I got home from the bank and asked them why they were going to attempt to collect on a closed account and he also told them that we told the bank to always deny everything they request.  I think he talked to a different person, she was surprised that we told them that but she said that she can't stop the transaction at this point (something else I don't believe based on how quickly they stopped a transaction when our account was hacked a couple of years ago) and that when it's refused again PayPal will then go to the credit card for the difference owed.
 
Both people we dealt with were probably not out-sourced from another country.  They sounded like they are American.  So we can't blame PayPal's ineptness on cross-cultural misunderstandings.  Just idiocy.
 
*RHTW:  Get Her riled and She'll eat you alive.  And maybe come back for seconds.
 
Bill planted all the new honeysuckle plants today, along with the clematis.  I watered them in well, the 2nd rain barrel is the one we are using mainly so that we can get it emptied enough to re-set it.  But every time we think we might get to work on it, it rains again and it gets too full to move.

No comments: