Thursday, May 01, 2014

Thursday Already? Thursday Already!!

It's been a long week.  On one hand.  On the other hand, it's been a fast week.
 
Whatever, tomorrow is Friday and that is all that matters at the moment.  :)
 
Along with about a billion other errands after work today, I went back to the nursery and got 4 more honeysuckle plants.  I also got my Mother's Day present from Bill - I told him I thought I wanted something for the yard but that I'd have to let him know when I figured it out.  I figured it out today, I found a clematis that should have a deep reddish pink bloom.  It's going to be planted at the fan shaped trellis that is between two of the honeysuckle trellis we put in last summer.  The honeysuckle I bought a couple of weeks ago is on those three trellises, the new 4 are for the lattice on the back fence.  The nursery I went to is a neat place, they have a huge variety of plants and a huge stock of everything.  They are a local store, not a chain and they are generally very busy.  There is a resident cat and dog, they spend their time inside the indoor store area.  Along with a bunch of parakeets.  They have a pretty unique pest control system in the outside areas:  chickens!  Big, black, furry ones - the kind that look like they have fur on their feet/legs.  They wander all over, I think they probably have a protected area to reside in overnight.
 
Everything will get planted tomorrow when Bill gets home from work.  I was originally thinking about a rosebush on the fan trellis, but I really like clematis and so do hummingbirds and butterflies.  Roses are a possibility in the future, but Otter is very allergic to roses so I decided to plant something else there.
 
I also went by the booth and collected for the sales in April.  When I took that to the bank, they asked me about an account that I closed and were wondering if I knew a check had come through it.  The only account I closed was the one the checks that were stolen were written on.  I was in the drive through, the teller told me to come in and talk to someone inside because she thought it was fraudulent and if she hadn't told me, I probably wouldn't have known that there was an issue until the bank mailed me the notice.  She told me to come inside and start the fraud charge paperwork so we'd be protected, which I appreciate but it turned out not to be necessary.  But if I hadn't had a deposit to make, it would have probably been days still.  It turns out that it wasn't actually a check written on the account, I was afraid that we were about to have Round 3 in ID theft to deal with.  A few days back, Bill bought something online and used PayPal to pay for it.  PayPal has goofed up more than once, usually involving taking the wrong amount or taking it from the wrong account - it's supposed to be charged to our credit card but way back when we first started using PayPal, it was set up to come out of the checking account.  Which is the account we closed when the checks were stolen.  In 2007, I think.  Guess what PayPal decided to do?   For no good reason that we can figure out, PayPal apparently decided to go back to the old checking account instead of the credit card!  We've updated and changed things with PayPal many times, yet they keep screwing up and each time it's worse.  The bank refused the charge, since the account was closed and wanted to charge us $22 but they took the $22 charge off and Bill's going to give PayPal "What For" tomorrow.  At least it's not ID theft, like the bank originally thought.
 
The April sales at the booth were better than I thought, Bill sold one pachinko machine and a couple of things but most of it was my stuff.  We're going to keep the booth for a while longer, it would be nice if we could sell another pachinko machine.
 
Is it Friday yet?  Almost.

No comments: