Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Brick Layer


This is a brick:





This is Maggie Moo:



They are kind of the same thing, at the moment!

She is actually much better and the medication is working, but she was a brick last night.  She went to sleep on her pillow pretty early.  She didn't move at all, until shortly before we got out of bed.  I heard her collar tags jingling around 5:00 a.m., I was awake but not quite moving yet.  She was a little draggy still, but she was happier than she was before the vet visit.  She didn't want her antibiotic this morning, she kept spitting it back out at me.  I finally disguised it in a bite of bread and she took it then.  The pain pill was no problem, she likes the way it tasted but I gave her a bite of cheese anyway.  That was right before I put her out in the garage for the day and she was getting groggy quickly, but not as bad as after the shot.

Bill got home before I did so he let her in, then he went to mow the back yard.  She greeted me happily when I came in the door, then she sat down by the couch and waited for me to bring the groceries in.  After I got everything in, she was still sitting down by the couch but she was happy to see me.  She didn't act like she wanted a walk tonight, so I didn't attempt to take her on one.  If the weather isn't wet tomorrow, I'll see if she wants one when I get home.  She's much better but she's not quite back to normal yet.  At the moment, she is back on her pillow and is snoring loudly.


I sure miss my Frasier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He was a very special one of a kind dog. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

He really was.