Friday, May 29, 2015

It Had Better Be...


This short, 4-day workweek has been never ending.

And it's still raining.

We have had so much rain that there is nowhere for anymore water to go.  Which means street flooding, at least during rain storms such as the one late this morning that lasted until mid-afternoon.  But it's still not as bad as what TEXAS had to deal wit last week.  It's just that there is still more rain in the forecast for tomorrow.  I don't remember what Sunday's forecast is, but it might be rain early and then stopping.  The early forecast for next week is dry.  No rain forecast!  Woo Hoo!!!!!

The beagle will probably agree, she feels very short-changed on her walks.  She usually gets a short one in the morning and then a longer one in the afternoon.  Otter wasn't able to walk her at all last weekend when she house-sat for us and I've only been able to take her on a few this week.  None today, at all.  I did get Maggie Moo to go out into the back yard but I think she only went out because she absolutely had to - dog hates rain in the strongest way!  She was bouncy when she came back in so I played with her for a while, first time she's wanted to play since April 23.  Now, she's camped out on her pillow beside the couch and I hear snoring.  Hopefully, we can get a walk or two in tomorrow.  She's much better when she gets some exercise and the walking is good for me as well.

I discovered something when we were in San Antonio last weekend.  Texas is not backwards.  (We already knew that!)  I'm referring to the fact that I was able to buy local wine at the grocery store - which is 2 complaints (1 is that very few local wineries actually sell at liquor stores here because of Oklabackwardshoma laws and the fact that it was at a grocery store - something else not allowed here) and I was also able to buy it on a Sunday!  I think I'm going to crack open the bottle tonight and see what I can do about not letting it get lonely.

Tomorrow, I think I'm going to do some stuff around the house.  There will probably be a lot of crafting going on!  With possibly a trip to the library in there somewhere.

No comments: