Saturday, May 02, 2015

Middles

I've discovered something.  Today, I went to several yard sales.  A couple of them were neighborhood wide.  Lots of houses having sales.  And almost all of them were one of two items:  baby clothes, young kid toys and supplies or medical equipment and things that an old person in bad health would need.

We are firmly in the middle!  We no longer have a kid at home, and we aren't in need of the medical supplies, either.

Guess we really are middle aged?  :)

The electric company is in my bad list now.  I took Tuesday afternoon from work and got home in time to meet them.  And waited.  And waited.  And waited some more.  And called the crew chief.  He eventually called me back and had the gall to act dumb with me.  Which usually is the final turn of the key to unlock *RHTW's cage.  He made a bunch of excuses, tried to pretend he'd never set the time up with me, claimed he couldn't call me back and then when I told him that I knew he had my number he then started making excuses about the number of calls he always had and that he couldn't be expected to call everybody back now, could he?  I let him have it.  Somehow, I don't think he still likes Redheads!  He told me that he could meet me at my house Wednesday morning.  I told him that I was not taking anymore work off for them.  Then he told me I could just leave my gate unlocked - at which time I reminded him that THEY were the specific reason we always keep the gates locked.  I told him that it would have to be on our schedule and that I would call him back "sometime."

Otter came over on Wednesday afternoon to do her laundry.  She called me just as I was about to leaver work and said that they'd shown up.  I told them to wait until I got there to let them in.  They didn't have the small backhoe from Monday, it was just a little too big to fit through the gate so they had to get busy with shovels but they got the trench covered up.  I'm not sure when they actually left, they didn't tell me.  I noticed that they were gone and waited about an hour before I locked the gate up again.  They left two pieces of plywood and a shovel.  I'll eventually call them and ask them if they are going to come get it, and also ask them when THEY are going to replace the two or three crepe myrtles that they killed.

We've been walking Maggie Moo more often lately.  We didn't walk the dogs much over the winter because of the weather, then Frasier was having obvious issues with the arthritis so we didn't get too many walks in once it became Spring.  Now that Frasier's crossed the rainbow bridge, Maggie Moo is obviously in need of more physical activity so we've been walking her again and more often than we would have been doing if he were still here.  I took her to a local walking part the other day, she really liked that.  Especially when a lazy squirrel walked across our path - she didn't want to chase it, but she was very interested in it.  One morning she was very bouncy and led me to the closet where the leash is kept.  It was still pretty early, so we had a short jaunt down the street and back.  Today, Bill and I took her for a walk around the neighborhood.  She's been very playful the last couple of days, she seems to be getting back to normal - normal nutso for her.  She has wanted to play tug again and is interested in chasing her tennis balls again.  She's no longer looking for Frasier, but she has looked towards the outer dog door flap a few times when she's been in the garage like maybe she's wondering if he's about to come in from the dog yard.  But she's doing ok.  I've taken her with me a few times lately when I've gone somewhere she can go.

At the moment, she curled up on her blankets.  She seems to take longer naps after walks for some reason!

*RHTW:  Just start running now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


she takes after Toadles. Naps, naps, naps, meals, more naps.
Froggy