Friday, February 22, 2008

Cold Friday, Warm Dogs

The title specifically refers to Frasier. He's been parked in front of the fireplace most of the day. Along with me! Bill so thoughtfully shared his "cold" with me, and I've been home the last two days. He was home yesterday but went back to work today, although he came home about 2:00. Just as I was about to leave to get the Otter from school! I've spent most of the day parked in the living room with a nice fire going, and Frasier spent most of his time sleeping in front of it. Maggie was in and out, she preferred to spend her time sleeping in the middle of Otter's bed. But every so often, she'd come in and get warm and then go back to bed.

I did manage to get my laundry done today, but it's still waiting to be put up. I might get around to that tonight, but I'm not making a promise. However, Otter did get hers put away so I probably should at least make an effort.

We were supposed to be able to see the space shuttle, space station, and a satellite one evening this week. I think it was Tuesday. We were out in the yard at the appointed time, looking in the right direction. But we never saw anything. Well, we did see one probable satellite but not the one we were supposed to see since it was in a different part of the sky. We didn't even attempt to see Wednesday evening's moon eclipse because it was cloudy. So that one happened without us.

We had some sleet yesterday, not much but just enough that it was visible on the cars. We woke up to a dusting of snow this morning, but it was a very light dusting. Mostly, it's just been cold the last few days. Bill brought in a lot more firewood when he got home.

I see that John McCain has been accused of adultery. He's denying, and I'm taking him at his word for it at this point. Considering the source of the story, I'm not in a hurry to believe it. But it's backfiring, instead of discrediting McCain it seems to be having the opposite effect - people are lining up in support of him. I am amused, and not at all unhappy about that! I'm sure that this won't be the only attack on him, since the opposition plays dirty politics. He's still not my first choice, but I will vote for him if he is the nominee.

I see that Castro has finally, officially stepped down. But his brother is now the ruling party so things might not change much in Cuba. Not for a while, anyway.

We've been going through a couple of boxes of old photographs lately. We have thrown out a bunch, like numerous pictures of shows at SeaWorld and about a million shots of grassy field areas that we don't even remember! We've also come across quite a few that are bringing back lots of memories. And a couple of future blackmail pictures of Otter! She's not amused, by the way. They are well hidden, Otter, in case you get any ideas.

Gotta go, I think the lasagne in the oven is calling me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better. IF it is what we had, it will take a couple of weeks for you to get over it completely.
It is hot here. It will be up to about 90 today, and then tonight we have a "cold" front. Tonights low will be 48 and tomorrow will get in the 60's. This is what I like. Froggy