Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Run of the Mill Tuesday Stuff

Let's see, what has happened since Sunday when I blogged last? Not much!

Otter will test on Saturday, for the next belt level. Which is the recommended Black. We were under the impression that it would be about 6 months from this point until the final Black Belt but it turns out that it will probably be longer. I checked with the coach, he said that it's normally anywhere from 8 months to a year. Which means that even if Otter had not had breaks for asthma, flu, Texas trips and oh yeah - that broken arm, there is no way that she would have been able to finish the course in the 3 years I was told it would take when we signed up. Not that I'm complaining, I just think that they should have been a little more honest. We finished paying it off several months ago, so now she goes for free (except for testing fees).

Also, she will be switching to the adult class next week. She should have already been bridged into that class, but Mr. John (the coach) didn't realize her age. She is 15, nearly 16, and should have moved classes a few months ago. But again, I am not complaining! The class she'll be going to is mixed adults and teenagers. She'll start out with the teenagers that are bridging, then after a while she'll move up the the actual Adult class. Which means that there is the potential for more injuries. The Adult class she'll be in is what is called Young Adult, so they'll mostly be older teens to very early 20's as the age range and all will be at close ability levels. And instead of Tuesday & Thursday from 4:00 - 5:00 p.m., the classes will be Monday & Wednesday from 8:00 to 9:00 p.m., and then when she changes to the 2nd level she'll go to the 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. classes on the same days. It will actually be good for her to be with the older kids, she loves the challenge it will present.

Anybody following the Dog Show? We don't follow it extremely closely, but we've always been interested in it because we like dogs. This year, we are watching it much closer than we usually do. Read this article, it will probably be self-explanatory!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23096596/

I think we will probably always have a beagle, I had no idea how much fun the breed is until we got the Magginator.

Bill came home with a ball cap today that the HR department gave him. It has an interesting slogan: "Safety Starts With Me." Otter and I were amused. I think I might just insist he wear it the next time we have to make a trip to the ER as a result of one of his adventures! There will be another, there always is.

Trina, I understand completely! Just email me whenever you want to go thrifting.

Froggy, I hope you get to feeling better soon. Flu is not fun. Also, it's kind of hard to give Toadly a hard time by myself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am definitely ready to be over the flu.
You may have to watch the teenage boys in karate. She is cute and who knows what they will do to impress her.
I liked the winner of the dog show. The dog is from TEXAS. You need a picture of Bill and the cap.
Froggy