Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Same Old Boring Tuesday Stuff!

This is an article I saw on the San Antonio paper's website:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA021108.02B.Texarcana_Shape_Texas.3ad48c9.html


It kind of explains a little about why Texans are like we are. Not the tattoo part itself about the article, but the other stuff! Like I told Froggy one time, we take Texas with us wherever we go.


I've been fighting a sore throat off and on today. I've also had a slight headache at times. I told Billyboy that I thought a beating might be in order (for him!) but he is denying responsibility. He said that since he never had a sore throat, I didn't catch the creeping crud from him. However, since he's the only person I've been around that has been sick... With any luck, I won't come down with it any worse than what I've had today, the sore throat and sometimes headache. Bill's a lot better today, he went to work. But he still has the cough and sneeze, he said that he thinks he has fever off and on. But he's over the worst of the symptoms.


It's been nice today, I think it was in the low-60's. Beautiful day, blue sky and not too windy. But it's not going to last. Otter said she wants to go sit outside and soak up all the sunshine she can, since this is probably our last pretty day for a while. It's supposed to get cold tonight, then tomorrow's high temperature is 32 degrees. We could get winter weather starting tomorrow afternoon(ish), and that could last through Friday. But even if we don't get any precipitation, it will still be pretty cold for the next few days.


The forecaster made a comment about how everybody needs to take their big coat with them on Wednesday. Sounds great - except for the fact that I donated mine to the Salvation Army last week! It fit me 50 pounds ago, but it kind of swallowed me now. So I guess I'll just have to be cold! I prefer to wear my leather jacket anyway. I've been looking for a full-length leather coat, but I haven't found one I like yet. Considering that it took me about 3 years to find the jacket, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I'm very picky about coats and jackets. I don't really like coats, I only wear one if I absolutely have to. Bill has a warm coat that belonged to his grandfather (Gort) and I wore it when I was pregnant all those years ago, maybe I can talk him into letting me wear it again! :)


But I do think that Spring is just about here. I saw 4 deer this morning, 2 does and 2 that I think might have been yearlings. They were just coming out of a wooded area I drove by after dropping Otter off at school. I also saw a robin last week, which is very early. The tulip bed looks like it's sprouting, but it might only be the daffodils that are also planted over there.
And my half whiskey barrel that holds my mailbox also has a nice surprise - the bluebonnets I planted last year apparently self-seeded! Just a tiny little leaf set coming up through the ground and it might not survive the coming cold weather, but it was still a nice surprise. Lowe's doesn't quite have their spring flowers out yet, but I'll grab bluebonnets as soon as I see them. I've noticed that each year they have more available. Not that I'm complaining! I can never have enough bluebonnets. The neighbors probably think that we're nuts, because when we have bluebonnets planted the first thing we do when we get home is go bury our faces in them! They smell heavenly, like Home. They are one of the things we missed the most, when we moved to Oklahoma. But now we are able to find them and it's always a good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't get any sicker. The way you are feeling is exactly the way mine started. I was sick almost a week, and still feel tired from it.
I have about 70 tulips up. There are 5 blooming. They have very short stems and are all red.
Froggy