Thursday, February 14, 2008

I'm So Ready for Friday!

But it's still only Thursday. Sigh. But at least tomorrow IS Friday.

Froggy, I did not know that Uno the Beagle is a Texan. But since he won Best of Show, it's obvious now! Uno also looks like a typical beagle, they are noisy dogs. And also very cute. Maggie's evening activities included staring at us while we were making dinner, then she moved her food dish away from the plastic placement it usually sits on and she parked her behind on the placemat instead. We think maybe she was hoping for "roadkill" (dropped food) that might fall into her mouth. Frasier spent most of his time snoozing, except for when he hear lettuce being torn. He absolutely loves lettuce.

Today was Otter's last karate class at the junior level. The coach had her help him teach today. She's very good. She also told him about the boy at school that called her an obscene name a couple of weeks back - the boy who she grabbed by the collar and dragged to the teacher! (She told the teacher to take care of it, or that she would take care of it herself. The boy in question was suspended for a while, and so were his friends who were also in on it. It was not the first instance.) Her coach was impressed, he told her that she handled it very well and then he grinned at her and asked if the boy was dead yet! (No, he's just gone from school for a while - he got suspended. But if Bill had been there...)
You'd think that they would know her reputation for being tough and not taking garbage from anybody is well deserved by now. Especially after the bus incident a few years back. The one where a boy decided to take his pants down and sit his bare butt on her lap - the end result of that one was that he was suspended and a police report was filed, he and his parents actually had to go to court, and the bus driver was also disciplined for getting on Otter because she stood up for herself! She's her mother's daughter, by the way.
Maybe some of the boys see her as a challenge. I don't know. And it's not like all the boys in school are horrible, it's just a select few. She's restrained herself so far, but one of these days she just might have to give someone an unscheduled karate demonstration. I think it's the Texan in her.

We might get winter weather starting tomorrow. It's supposed to be in the 30's tomorrow and the next few days. After being in the 60's today, it's going to feel even colder. There is a possibility of ice. So I decided not to wait until the last moment, I went to the grocery store last night. I don't expect to be iced in, but I've learned not to wait if there is even the slightest chance of icy weather because everybody else and their brother will make a last-minute run to the store. So I got it over with early, and so did a lot of other people. It was very crowded. But now I don't have to worry that they'll be out of milk, eggs, bread or any other essentials. Especially chocolate!

I think we're going to take Otter to get her eyes checked on Sunday. She's been complaining that her glasses don't seem to be quite right lately and she's also had a couple of headaches that I think might be eye strain. I wish that they still made the bendable glasses we bought for her a few years back, they were great with karate. But I don't think that they are made anymore, at least Lenscrafters doesn't carry them anymore. We're going somewhere else this time, I'll ask them about the bendables but I don't think I've seen a commercial for them in a couple of years even. She said she might want plastic frames this time, but I'm thinking she might still get metal ones since they seem to hold up better.

Billyboy might be coming down with something. He's been coughing a lot and he went to bed early tonight. He said he doesn't feel too good. I told him that we are not going there! He is not allowed to be sick! He's a typical man - gripy and whiny when he's sick and I told him NO. But I don't think he's listening to me, unfortunately.
Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Way to go Otter! You tell her I'm proud of her! LOL! She reminds me of myself when I was that age! Wasn't gonna take no crap from nobody! (still don't for the most part!)
Take care!

Jan