Thursday, December 10, 2009

Come Play With Us!!

On second thought, don't. The game we are playing is the Asthma Game. Otter has been playing it since last night, and she was obviously on the losing end this morning. She went to school, but only because she had a project due. Then her group didn't get to present their project, so she could have stayed home. She called me after the class period ended and I went to get her. She's on the couch with her pillow and a couple of blankets, and a beagle for good measure. She's had a sore throat off & on the last couple of days, not bad but just there. But her lungs are now involved, so that changes things. We'll just play it by ear as far as tomorrow goes. The cold aggravates the asthma, and it's certainly cold!

We decided to see how the hamsters would get along, after a couple of days as singletons. They were fine as long as we were holding them, they groomed each other and got along. So we put them both in the same cage to see what happened. And immediately had to take the little one back out and put her in her own cage! Then they went back to being happy, alone girls.

Frasier just collapsed in a heap on the floor, then he stretched out and yawned. Now I think he's going to sleep. Smart dog! They didn't particularly want to go outside when we left this morning, but we filled them full of treats and I poured hot water over their frozen water dish. When we got home and let them in, they were warm and happy so I think they'd been cuddled up in the garage on their carpet, snoozing most likely.

I did manage to get two birdfeeders out this morning. I might head out there later and hang a couple more. I should have put them out days ago, but with the roofers & chimney people here there were a lot of things like shingles flying off the roof and I didn't think the birds would even come to the feeders.
OK, I'm off to start a load of laundry, unload the dishwasher, wash the dishes in the sink, pet a dog or two, feed my Otter and then I might possibly get some crochet started. Like a hat for Kid # 3!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kid 3 says it is cold and needs her hat to keep her head warm. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

I'm going to start on the hat tomorrow (Saturday). My skin is doing it's normal winter thing, so I haven't crocheted much this week.