Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday Mayonnaise

(Still not a huge ketchup fan!)

Otter suggested today's title, by the way.

Otter is over her brief asthma spell. She went back to school on Friday, she felt almost back to normal and she's fine now. Yesterday was Saturday, so we took it easy and I think that helped her.

I'm currently experiencing crochet frustration. Kid#3 wants a hat to match the scarf I made her. I found a pattern that looked right, the picture was perfect and I always enjoy new things. I spent quite a while yesterday working on it. And then discovered that the pattern made a tire cover, or at least that's about what size it was. And no, it was NOT pilot error. I thought at first that the pattern was incorrect, but now that I've gone back over the pattern I've realized that it was a hat pattern alright. But the hat style is the type that reminds me of a morterboard - graduation cap. I haven't given up yet, Kid#3! I have another crochet project to finish, along with the hat, and then I think I'm finally going to be able to get to my throw pillow covers that I want to make. Along with a hat for myself, once I find the right pattern. :)

Bill has been asking me what I want for Christmas and my birthday. I haven't had a clue. I finally decided. I told him I wanted a can opener. We've been using hand-held openers and I really like them, but when my skin does it's super-sensitive thing, which is pretty much every fall and winter (or about 9 months of the year!), it's absolute agony to open a can. So I finally admitted defeat and told him I needed an electric one. That left my birthday. That one was actually easier. The last time I used my crockpot to make soup, about 3 weeks ago, the lid came apart. I had been thinking that it wasn't heating as well as it should be, so it was probably going to be replaced soon anyway. The crockpot is one of the most often used appliances I have. I was going to make soup this weekend, then I remembered the lid. And there was no way I could use it, so I told Bill I knew what I wanted for my birthday. I don't normally like to go pick out my own gifts, but this time I didn't mind. He went with me at least - and he even behaved! In Walmart! I now have an electric can opener and a new crockpot. A larger crockpot, 7 quarts this time. It's pretty big, but I won't have any problem at all with that. When I make soup, I make a lot of soup! I use it for other things besides soup.
We are pretty much done with our Christmas shopping. We didn't have much to do, since we're out of the gift-giving loop. It doesn't look like Christmas at my house yet anyway, we'll get our decorations out this week. We were waiting until the chimney repair was finished, which would have been last Tuesday but the weather caught up with them. The chimney crew is supposed to be back tomorrow, so probably tomorrow evening is when Otter and I will get the decorating done. Although it no longer feels like Christmas, since it was in the 60's today!

No comments: