Wednesday, December 02, 2009

More Whining on Wednesday!

Mostly because it's cold. Our high was 43 today. We hit it at midnight (last night) and it went down hill from there. We have been in the low 40's to mid 30's all day and are going to get our first hard freeze tonight. The chimney people were originally going to start today but not all the parts came in, so we've been put off until Monday. So, no fire tonight! It's a 2-day job, I sure hope that they get the parts in and can get out here and do the job on time. Because I want to be able to use the fireplace!

We're kind of late in getting the start of winter weather. Which might mean that it will be a bad one, or might not.

Whatever, today alone has made me almost rethink my decision to not wear pants. I'm not changing my mind, I just was longing for my slacks today is all. I still have a pair of jeans, I do wear them sometimes like on the weekend. I will occasionally wear the jeans to work, if I'm going to be doing something such as helping EL in the garden or something like that. But it's skirts & dresses 90% of the time and always to church. I don't even have any slacks anymore, they have been gone for over a year now and I don't really miss them. Except when it's really cold! I had not intended to quit wearing shorts around the house in the summer, but my shorts outgrew me and I just never got around to getting any this last summer. Since then, I've decided that I don't want to wear them anyway. I was going to get rid of the jeans and go strictly skirts & dresses, but Bill suggested I at least keep a pair of jeans because we do a lot of outside work and stuff in the yard. I thought he made sense, especially since he mentioned it while we were hauling in firewood! Also, there is my bike riding to consider. So I'll hang on to my jeans, I just won't wear them too much. I hardly ever change out of my skirts when I get home, I usually stay dressed until bedtime - unless I have a bike ride or yard chore to do. I probably need a new pair of jeans anyway, the ones I have are really showing their wear.

Otter and I are rethinking her bathroom. We have been wanting to change it around for a long time, we just never quite made up our minds on how. We talked about different things, then we put some amber colored glass & birds in there as a test and liked it. Then the rent house came up and we just got too busy. Now, we have time! And have decided that we probably still don't know what we want to do in there. The amber glass & birds might stay, but they might not. She really likes some Japanese and Oriental decor, so that might be the direction we go in. At least, it's today's discussion. Stay tuned for updates & pictures, but be warned: it might be a while!

No comments: