Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday Pickles & Congratulations!


First things first. CONGRATULATIONS PAUL! You have worked really hard over the last few years and as your Aunt, I am very proud of the young man you have become. Even though you went to the wrong Texas school..... :)
On to other things. Pickles! I still am not out of condiment ideas to use in place of ketchup. I happen to love pickles. Dill ones, not sweet ones.
Bill got his Christmas present from me today. He originally wanted a guide book for restoring the pachinko machines, then he found a bunch of information online so he went with Plan B. More pachinkno machines! We went to a small town north of us, Ramona to be exact and it is tiny! He saw some for sale on Craigslist, and they were what he wanted: good shape, don't need too much work and a good price. So he's happy.
We just came down from the attic. We brought in one of the Christmas trees (we have at least 3) and some of the ornaments. Also the stockings and the wreath holder. Otter & Bill are both off the next two weeks, so their plans for tomorrow include steam-cleaning the carpet in the living room and then she will decorate the tree. Actually, we have more than three. We have the 6' tall one that is the one we bought shortly after we got married and have used several times. Then there are two fiber-optic trees that Bill bought one year - one of which we're using this year. Then there is a small tree that I used in an apartment the year that we were seperated (way, way, way long time ago) and then it became Otter's tree. There is a tiny one that she also used in her room at the old house. And I have 3, or maybe 4, ceramic trees. We didn't set out to collect them, but apparently that's what we did.
Only 4 days of work this week! Then I'm off until Monday, January 4, 2010. Bill & Otter are off this week as well, so they get two weeks off. Bill keeps trying to tease me about being off work longer than I am, but he's failing miserably. For one thing, I won't have to help clean the carpet! But Frasier will probably not forgive him for a long time, it just won't smell the same. Kind of like when we wash the dog blankets, but worse. Poor pup!
Movie Review: Night at the Museum 2. It was ok, it was cute and we enjoyed it. But I think we would have been disappointed if we'd paid theater prices instead of renting it. It was predictable. But it was fun.
If I think of anything else, I'll add it later or put it in the next post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful graduation ceremony. I really enjoyed it.
I have 3 ceramic trees. hobby Lobby carries the bulb shaped ornaments, but I can't find any bird shaped ones. These trees are in my roodm on top of my desk.
i got the Christmas lights hung outside today. It looks good.
froggy.