Thursday, December 24, 2009

Looks Like a White Christmas!

Ice or snow, too early to tell, but both are white and it's Christmas tomorrow.


It was rainy until about 11:00 this morning, then there was some sleet mixed in. Otter went to work with me today, we left for lunch about 11:30 and there was more sleet and less rain. By about 1:15, 45 minutes after we got back from lunch, the car was already starting to get covered. We left the office then and it was nearly all sleet with very little rain. By the time we got home, there were definite snow flakes showing up. The sleet may be transitioning to snow, which was the forecast, but there is still quite a bit of sleet coming down. However, it's starting to be visible on the ground. Bill had a nice, warm fire going when we got home and Otter has already staked out her spot. I'm going to join her in a bit, and we'll probably roast marshmallows.

Here's the tree! Sorry the picture is blurry, the batteries were going out in my camera and I didn't have enough of the right size. Otter is in the process of decorating it here. I've decided that the tree isn't so bad after all. But the ornaments are too big for it, which is why I think it looks odd. We just grabbed assorted ornaments when we were getting the stuff down, we have smaller ones but they are going to stay in the attic until next year - if we use this particular tree then.

I probably won't post again today, so I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and if you are in my neck of the woods or anywhere where you have to deal with winter weather - be careful!

No comments: