Wednesday, December 30, 2009

December Book List!

Wow, I'm early for once! I know it's still December and will be through tomorrow, but I have time to post this now and won't have time later. Also, I probably won't have much in the way of reading time between now and January 1st, so here goes:

1. Quick Crochet, Huge Hooks by Sally Harding. Uninteresting.

2. How to Crochet by Pauline Turner. A couple of ideas.

3. But I Trusted You by Ann Rule. This is the newest book by Ms. Rule. It is good, it's a collection of true-crime stories. Just about everything she writes is good, she very obviously does a great deal of research for the stories she picks and the attention to detail is very good.

4. A Rage to Kill by Ann Rule. This is an earlier book of hers, I have had it for a while but didn't realize that I'd never read it until I picked it up to read thinking it was a re-read.

5. Good Better Best, Trade Secrets for Spotting a Find by Carol Prisant. Not accurately named!

6. Twist & Twine, 18 Ideas for Rag Rugs and Home Decor by Bobbie Irwin. OK.

7. Junk Beautiful by Sue Whitney & Ki Nassauer. OK, recommended by Froggy and I'm glad I read it but I didn't find too much that I would want to use.

8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 & 17, 18, 19,20: All Batman books. See my note last month, Otter and I are working our way through the Batman books.

21. Plain Secrets, An Outsider Among the Amish by Joe Mackall. Interesting, mostly stuff I already knew.

22. The Sweater Chop Shop, sewing one of a kind creations from recycled sweaters by Crispina French. Otter and I enjoyed this one, it had some good ideas.

23. Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs. I picked up a book by this author that deals with a yarn shop and knitting. I discovered that it's part two of a new series, I have ordered part one from the library and won't read part 2 until I've read the first one. But I saw this book and decided it sounded interesting. It was ok, the writing style is not the best and it was somewhat predictable, but it was enjoyable. However, I have a suspicion that this author's other works may be romance novels and if they are, I won't have any interest. But I'm going to at least read the first two in the yarn series. I think she was inspired by Debbie Macomber's Blossom Street series, which is also about a yarn store and knitting. Froggy, you will probably like the yarn series if you haven't already read it. The first one is called something like Knit One and the second one might be Knit Two. I'll let you know.

I'll probaby do my year-end wrap up tomorrow, so watch this space!

No comments: