Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Shoes, Books, Other Stuff

The shoe shelf! As you can see, it's in Otter's closet. The closet is kind of messy, so ignore that part. The point is, she has room for more shoes. The combat boots Grandpa gave her are not in this picture, it was taken before we saw him last week. But there is still room for more, so she's happy. And yes, she really does wear all of them.
I did not forget about the November book list! Here 'tis:
1. Halfway to Heaven, my white-knucked & bullheaded quest for the Rocky Mountain High by Mark Obmascik. Interesting book about his experiences climbing all the 14ers in Colorado.
2. Gianna - Aborted & Lived To Tell About It by Jessica Shaver. I have read this before, but it's been many years. 
3. I'll Scream Later by Marlee Maitlin. This one was very surprising. Surprising because it completely changed my opinion about her. Let's just say that she is NOT someone I would ever want to meet, NOT someone I am at all impressed by and if this book is true - which it probably is as it's an autobiography, she's a pretty disgusting example of a human being.
4. Batman Year One. Rerun. 5. Batman Fugitive.
6. You Lucky Dog - more than 30 craft projects to unlease your pup's personality by Valerie Van Arsdale Shrader. This one was fun, Otter liked a few of the ideas.
7. Family Circle Easy Wreaths, 50 ideas for every season. Not worth the time it took to check it out of the library!
8. Super Finishing Techniques for Crocheters by Betty Barnden. I might just have to buy this one.
9. Bag Style, 20 inspirational handbags, totes & carry-alls to knit and crochet by Pann Allen & Ann Budd. Didn't find anything in this one.
10. The Crochet Handbook & stitch guide - essential techniques & stitch patterns to improve your skills by Ruth Patrick. I've noticed something. The more words in the title, the more uselss the book is!
11. Junk Beautiful Outdoor Edition by Sue Whitney. Froggy recommended the original version, the non-outdoor book, and it's on my December list. This one was fun, but not at all practical.
12. The Glass Lake by Maeve Binchy. Rerun x infinity. 13. Garfield, 30 Years of Laughts & Lasagne by Jim Davis. Funny!
14. Betty Crocker Cookies, 100 recipes for the way you really cook. OK, if the way you really cook is to use cake mix for everything! Not the way I cook anyway.
15. Batman Gotham after midnight by Seve Niles & Kelly Jones. Otter and I are making a valiant attempt to read all the Batman books in the library.
16. Batman and the outsiders: the snare. 17. Batman: Harley & Ivy.
18. Tornado Hunter, getting inside the most violent storms on earth by Stefan Bechtel with Tim Samaras. This one was very interesting, despite having too many words in the title! Living in Tornado Alley, I like to know as much as I can.
19. Easy home improvements, the essential guide to home decoration by Julian Cassell & Peter Parham. This is one that Bill has on his shelf, it's actually very interesting.
20. Batman Strange Apparitions. 21. The Strange Deaths of Batman. See comment on # 15! And now I think I'll go see what Billyboy is up to. He's out in the garage. I hear a suspicious sound. I think it's a power tool.

No comments: