Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Still (have a) Cold (weather)

It's still cold.

And I still have a cold.

It's better, but I'm not well yet.  I did go in to work this morning.  And at about 10:00, I gave up and came home.  I did consider calling the doctor, but I really am feeling better than I was.  Mostly, I think at this point that I am just really, really tired.  I haven't slept too well the last couple of nights, it's kind of hard to get any rest when you are stuffed up!

We've been below freezing for something like 96 hours, according to the 5:00 news tonight.  We might get into the mid-30's tomorrow.  Heat Wave!  Of course, it's supposed to get down to 5 degrees tonight.  Brrr.

The snow is pretty much gone from any area that gets sunlight.  There is still some in yards, but it's patchy.

Froggy commented about the dogs enjoying the company.  They are happy that I'm home, but mostly I think they are happy because the fireplace is being used.  Maggie especially likes to get in front of it and snooze.  Fraiser likes the warmth, but he doesn't sleep in front of it like she does.  I spent a couple of hours laying down on the couch when I got home today, he was right there with me.  He got up in my face for a few minutes and then he parked himself right beside the couch.  My puppy is taking good care of me!

Maggie has spent a lot of time keeping Bill occupied lately.  Because he's got a pachinko machine refurbishment taking place in the living room and she's very interested in it.  Which is potentially hazardous to her health - not the machine, but Bill's attention!

OK, back to my couch now.

No comments: