Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Readiness

Today's title is inspired by something that Pastor David said at church this morning.  He was referring to the fact that the weather is expected to remind us that it's still Winter, and not Spring like it's felt the last couple of days.  He said that he knew we'd already all been to the grocery store and were prepared.  But that he hadn't been, so he was going this afternoon.

I am prepared, but I did have to run to Wallyworld for a couple of things that I forgot the other day.  I knew that they would be crowded, but I also knew that if I waited even until later today, they'd be a madhouse.  Well, more of one anyway.  So, I hit Wally about 11:15 and it still took me over 30 minutes to get 2 or 3 things.  They were very crowded, I don't think that very many people are actually ready.

The forecasters never know, but we have to pretend that they do because occasionally, they get it right.  IF they are right this time, we'll be socked in starting Monday evening and lasting until Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.  I prefer to err on the side of caution, but I generally do anyway.  It's a Borg Queen thing, I can't help it.

IF they are right this time, we will get anywhere from 4 to 10" of snow.  On top of possibly a couple of inches of ice.

Or we might not get anything.  It's anybody's guess.

But it is pretty cold.  Especially after the last two days of 70's & sunshine!

Frasier's leg has been an issue again lately.  He's been chewing on it, so we're back to spraying it twice a day with the spray the vet gave us.  It has made a difference.  He's still too interested in licking the spot but he's bouncy and feeling better.  He's gotten to the point where he sees me coming with the spray, and he extends his leg for me.  I still have to sit with him for about 10 minutes to keep him from chewing, but he is better.  He doesn't seem to object to 10 minutes of affection, for some reason!  Of course, Maggie has to get in on the attention.  Can't let Frasier get all the love, now can she?

I think I am going to put the specialty french yarn on eBay, the stuff that came in the bag I got last week.  It's pretty, but it's very fine and I think it would be difficult to work with.  Fine as in small & slippery!  I crocheted one hat yesterday and still have one more to make, then I'm going to start on something else.  I'm going to attempt socks.  They are usually knitted, but they can be crocheted as well.  I bought a pattern book a couple of months back, along with cotton yarn.  We'll see how it works.  I know I'll be able to make them, but I'm not sure how they'll be as far as being worn.  The cotton yarn might not be stretchy enough, but the recommended yarn is a wool blend so I can't use it.  Bill's my victim for the socks.  He's used to it, he is frequently subjected to my prototype when I come up with a new project.  The cotton yarn that I got in last week's goodie bag is for something else, but I'm not going to start that yet.























No comments: