Sunday, January 09, 2011

Sunday Sniffles

What a great way to start the new year!  With a cold!  Well, it might be allergies.  But, whatever it is, I'm not feeling too good.  I am sniffly & sneezy (extremely sneezy), and my nose alternates between running or being stuffed up to the point that I can hardly breathe.  And my throat is pretty sore.

I did get out of the house, though.  We went to Walmart.  I bought stuff to make chicken noodle soup.  Bill needed something for his pachinko rebuilding project.  So Otter and I went with him, we went to the grocery side of the store and he went to the paint & hardware side.  We weren't gone very long.

It's pretty cold.  We could get a winter storm.  Or maybe not.  It could hit us and it might skip us, but it is supposed to be very cold the next few days regardless.

I'm working on some of my UFO's.  I don't really make New Year's Resolutions, I think that the idea is kind of dumb.  But I do have general goals that I like to accomplish, and one of them (well, pretty much the only one at the moment) is to get my UFO's converted into FO's.  I really don't have that many, the afghan is a long-term project as is the Dr. Who scarf.  I have a pillow cover and two hats planned, and I have a lap-sized blanket that I started a few months back and am now nearly finished with.  It's made up of smaller granny squares and I was going to work on it yesterday and start assembling it but I realized that I was short 4 squares.  So I made them yesterday and started the assembly process this morning.  Well, it was before lunch anyway.  It's going fast and I should be able to get it finished up today.  I also have a clothes hanger cover that needs to be repaired and I might have one that needs to be attached, I can't remember.  And there's also Bill's blanket, but it's being made from scrap & left over yarn so it's more a work-in-progess than a UFO.

Now, I think I'll go join Otter and Maggie Moo in the living room.  They are in front of the fireplace, which has been going pretty much non-stop since yesterday morning!  It's pretty warm in there.  Unlike the room I'm in right now.  Bill's out in the garage, he got a new saw last week and he's got it running.  I think he's making something for his current pachinko rebuild.  I just listen for screams, but so far so good.  :)

No comments: