Saturday, June 04, 2011

Just a Few Quick Thoughts on a Saturday Night

To start with, my arms are sore and my shoulders are stiff.  Fingers are kind of ouchy as well.  That's what happens when I crochet all day (literally all day).  I finished the green cap I was working on yesterday, and decided to start on the next cap/scarf set this morning.  I started with the cap first, and it went so fast that I decided to at least get a start on the scarf.  It was going well, and I just never stopped until I was finished.  I'm going to pay for it tonight, I know.  And probably tomorrow as well!  But it was so worth it, I'll probably take a couple of motrin tonight and I'll have stiff shoulders tomorrow.  But I'll deal with it.  I just probably won't pick up a crochet hook for a couple of days, however!  (It was still fun!).

That makes 5 sets I've made for the military family donation.  I'll probably put that project aside for a while and work on a couple of other things, then get back to it again soon.

It's been pretty warm here the last few days.  Low to mid-90's, which isn't really hot yet.  It's just that we went from cold/wet/windy to Summer without the in-between phase.  We've spent a lot of time out on the back deck lately, enjoying the warm weather.  Today, when I wasn't crocheting madly, I sat out there with Bill and the dogsters (Otter was napping on the couch) for a while and it was really nice.  We have 4 hummingbirds which we watched for a while today.

Otter's jalepeno crop is coming along.  The plants are not tall, probably because the weather was just too cool and wet when they needed heat, but they are healthy and are beginning to produce fruit.  Her Rosemary plant is also growing well.  And so is the surprise bluebonnet I discovered growing two weeks ago, in the front of the whiskey barrel.  That's not the same one I found out there previously, this one is another one entirely.  It's been transplanted to a pot on the back deck and after a rough start, it seems to be flourishing.  It got moved instead of being left where it naturally came up because the LAST ONE WAS STOLEN OUT OF THE FRONT YARD EARLY ONE MORNING.  Some heathen dug it up, the entire plant.  (Yes, I realize that not everyone will realize just what they are without at least some Texan in the bloodline.)

What else did I want to talk about?  Oh, yeah.  jack kevorkian died.  (No capitals on purpose).  In case anybody doesn't already know our family opinion of him - life is precious.  It is not given to us to be destroyed.  Born and unborn, all are precious gifts from God and no one has the right to take it from us.  To assist someone in suicide is to commit murder.  He could well have been a serial killer.  He was at the very least a multiple murderer.

On that note, goodnight!  I'm going to take those motrin and head for bed in a few minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you posting pictures of the hat and scarf? I am still working on Kid3's quilt. I had to pick out a lot of my quilting. I am re-quilting and will be through with that in a couple of days. Then I will put the binding on. One side will be machine sewn and the other will be hand sewn.Then it will be FINISHED! Froggy

Otter Mom said...

I've made 5 hat/scarf combos and pictures will probably eventually be posted on the craft blog. But I'm probably going to make a few more, so I'm not taking pictures yet.

Good luck with the quilting!