Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday. Road Trip!

We went traveling today.  We went to Claremore, which is NE of us.  It's a small town, but not as small as it appears.  Several antique/junk/fun stores.  Otter found a couple of books.  I found Fenton, and lots of it.  8 pieces, $4.12 each is what the price worked out to when I figured out what I spent for all of it.  One is a piece I already have, it's a small vase and I was looking for another one so I'd have a matching set.  The rest are all new-to-me pieces.  Bill didn't find anything today, but it's not for lack of trying.

We did go to one thrift store, Goodwill, and Otter found two books there.  We also had lunch in Claremore, at Golden Corral.  It was ok, the food was good, but the restaurant itself was not spectacular.  But considering the size of the town, it was probably about right.

Toadles, when I texted you about being on Route 66, we were heading for the Goodwill.  Most of the stores were just off of Route 66.  They make a big thing about it in Claremore.  If you ever come see me again, we will probably head that way - you too, Froggy!

There is also a yarn store in Claremore.  I was less than impressed.  Very small, tucked in the back of a shopping center and the only sign is the one above the door.  We only found it because I'd already seen their website and knew the address.  There wasn't a lot of yarn and very little variety.  Mostly, what they had was available at Hobby Lobby and WalMart and since the staff was not at all welcoming, I think that people in the area are probably going to go a couple more miles down the road to Wallyworld.  I would!  But I already had yarn on hand, I had a project I was working on in the car.

One of the places we shopped at was actually east of Claremore, probably about 10 miles or maybe a little less.

It was a fun trip.  But now we are tired and going to stay inside for the rest of the day, since it's another S. TEXAS weather day.

No comments: