Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Thrifty Tuesday

Otter and I decided that today was a good day to go thrifting.  We had an unexpected thunderstorm with lots and lots of rain, so we didn't get quite as early a start as we planned.  It was still raining when we left, but the bulk of it was over so it wasn't a bad drive.  Just a wet one!

Among other things, we went to four thrift stores today.  Otter found something at each of them, I don't think that anything we bought was actually for me but that's ok.  I'm still happy over my Coach find yesterday.  We also went to the mall - to Teavana for Otter, and to Subway for lunch.  We had a stop at the library in there as well.  And we had one other stop, Braum's, and they had the one thing we always want but hardly ever find:  a Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Pie.  They only had one left, they go fast.  Needless to say, it came home with us.

One of the things we bought today was a pressure cooker.  For Bill.  He has one that he uses in his casting process, but it's a little smaller than he needs for some of the parts.  The one I found today is bigger.  I'm still looking for an actual canner for him to use but no luck yet.

Otter and I also went to the yarn store, where she found some yarn for a new scarf & hat.  It's the same company as the yarn I got last summer in SA, Froggy.  It's hard to find.  I have a couple of projects (including your sock monkey hat), then I'm going to get her scarf and hat combo in the new yarn done.  I thought I'd be through with Otter's sock monkey hat by now, but I had a couple of things come up so I haven't had a chance to finish it up.  All it needs now is to have the mouth, ears and button eyes attached.  Which won't take me too long, when I can actually sit down and do it!

One benefit of this morning's rain is that it's not so hot today.  It's extremely humid, so it's not exactly pleasant outside.  It's just not as warm as yesterday.  But tomorrow is supposed to be a hot, dry day and so is Thursday.  I'm not sure about Friday or the weekend.  But today's rain was good, as long as it lasted.  I just wish it wasn't so icky outside, I could use some deck time.  Maybe later, probably in the morning.  I did get some deck time this morning before the rain started.  Just not enough!

No comments: