Monday, February 04, 2013

I Guess It's Just Monday

No title inspirations today.  Just Monday.

Not that I'm complaining.  It's been a somewhat busy day.  After I got home from work, Otter and I decided we needed to go thrifting.  We went to the close Goodwill and she found a couple of vhs tapes of movies.  I found a book.  We then went across the street to a resale shop we like and she found what is essentially a small shawl, except that it's beaded.  It's basically made of beaded strands instead of yarn, and it's just beautiful.  She thinks she'll wear it with one particular sundress she has.  I didn't find anything there, but I wasn't really looking seriously.

Maggie Moo had lost some of the weight she needed to, but I've noticed that she's beginning to get fat pads on her sides again at the hips.  Which is not good.  We usually feed them a weight control formula, but the store was out of it the last time I bought dog food so we had to get a different variety.  Same brand, just a different mix.  It's for adult dogs, actually I think it's for older adult dogs.  They do like it.  But it seems to have more calories, etc., and Maggie Moo is beginning to look a little rounder again.  So we're going back to the weight control formula for them.  They have been getting a lot more exercise lately, which is always good for them.  We get them playing with each other, and nobody's safe!  Frasier likes to run around the back yard when they first go out there.  He will run around the edge of the yard next to the fence, then he will just runrunrunrunrun all over the yard.  He gallops, there is no other word for it, and he has the happiest expression on his furry face.  When he's run enough, he'll sometimes go see what he can find to sniff or he'll get Maggie playing.  After a while, they get tired out and decide it's time to come inside.  Frasier usually is still running at this point, although slower.  He usually runs straight into the house and to their blanket.  Maggie Moo usually bounds across the yard, over the deck and follows Fraiser to their blanket.

Not much else going on around here tonight, Bill's working a b(oring)oard meeting but he should be home soon.  I might get started on my next donation scarf, or I might read instead.  I've been sitting at the kitchen table, reading a book.  I sat there so long I was stiff when I finally got up.  The chairs are great for sitting down to a meal, but they are not comfortable for a couple of hours reading time!

No comments: