Friday, February 15, 2013

Whirlwinds

It's been a busy week!

I'm glad that it's Friday.  This has been a very busy week.  Part of it has been Otter's work schedule, but it's just been busy in general.  I tried to find a good picture of a whirlwind, but I didn't see anything I liked.

We apparently have millions of dollars.  They are waiting for us.  In Nigeria.  At least, that's what the phone call Bill got on his cell phone said!  I guess that the scammers have gotten tired of their mail being unanswered and have moved to technology.  Bill hung up on the guy, but he apparently kept calling back for a while.  He quit calling after several times of Bill not answering the phone.

I took all my scarves to be donated for the police officers.  I got 4 made.  And when Otter was helping me get them ready Friday morning, I discovered that the one I got through with in record time was one row short!  Well, I guess that's why it was so fast.  It still worked, it just looked different from the others.  I donated it along with the rest of them, the only person who would know the difference is me and I change my scarf style occasionally anyway.  Now that the scarves are all done and donated, I'm going to start on Nana's lap blanket.  Probably tomorrow.

When I'm not reading, that is.  I bought my copy of the final book by Maeve Binchey.  I started reading it today and I'm really enjoying it.  She had such a wonderful writing style.  I'm really going to miss new books from her, and I'm not alone.  She had so many fans.

Otter's enjoying working.  He feet have been hurting by the end of her shifts, she's on them all day and the shoes she was wearing were just not made for that.  They didn't have much support and Otter has the high arches that run in the family.  We went to a good shoe store yesterday afternoon and found her a pair with good support and a soft inside.  We also bought her a couple of pairs of replacement gel-type insoles.  The shoes we bought her are Dr. Scholl's brand.  Not sure if I'm spelling that right or not!  Anyway, she'll try them out tomorrow and see how her feet feel at the end of her shift.

I guess that's it.  Time for dinner, a drink and putting my feet up!

No comments: