Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Little Fuzzy Squirrels

Today's animals sighted include a little fuzzy squirrel crossing the street and a big fluffy robin, both in the neighborhood and sighted on my way home.  No more stink bugs!  But they'll be back.  And the trees are definetely starting to bud out.

Froggy, you commented on the last blog about Kid # 1 (Scooter) being hospitalized with RSV.  I remember when he was hospitalized and just how desperately sick he was, but I didn't realize it was when he had the RSV.  I thought that the hospitalization that terrified us all was a different illness.  It was not a good time.

Otter and I braved the wilds of Wallyworld for groceries this afternoon.  It usually isn't to crowded mid-week.  But Otter thinks that maybe my secret of shopping mid-week for fewer people has been discovered, because they were c.r.o.w.d.e.d. today!  We bought a lot, this was what we refer to as the "big" trip which is usually the first grocery run of the month.  So, I convinced Otter to go along with me today.  It was also "screaming unwatched child day" at Wally.  But then it frequently is!

I'm not sure, but Frasier might have talked a little last night.  The other day, Bill and I switched sides on the bed and now I'm closer to the door so I hear more doggie noise.  Usually, it's just Maggie Moo's collar when she is either scratching or jumping up on the loveseat.  She's not allowed up there, but when the cat's away...  Well, maybe "cat" isn't the best choice of word considering that Frasier would like to eat every cat he sees!  (Literally, I'm afraid.)  But anyway, I thought I heard him but it was only once.  I was going to get up and get him a tranquilizer if he talked more, but I didn't hear anything else so it might not have been him talking.

Bill and I switched sides because he prefers to sleep on his left side, and that means that I was being awakened by the sound of a freight train in my ear!  Numerous times per night.  I would generally poke him or move his arm, and he'd eventually roll back over to where he was on his right side and facing away from me.  I got tired of getting less sleep because of the buzzsaw than when the dog was acting up, so I finally just switched sides with him.  Now, he can sleep on his left side all he wants!

So, what has he done the last two nights?  Rolled back over and slept on his right side which means that he's been snoring in my ear again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was the first time he was hospitalized. It was just for a couple of days. The second time is the time we almost lost him. That is the time you remember. That was a very scary time and not good at all.
Froggy