Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Groundhog Lied!

I know this because we've had 3 episodes of winter since Feb. 2!

Including yesterday.  We were expecting snow and possibly ice, it was supposed to hit Monday evening.  Then Monday night.  Then it was expected early Tuesday morning, like around 2:00 a.m.  When we got up yesterday, there was nothing on the ground and nothing coming down and the forecast had been changed to 7:00 a.m. and that last one was accurate.  It wasn't bad, it wasn't a lot and the roads were fine.  But it was rainy all day Monday and Monday night, and then with the 1" of snow we did get much needed moisture.  The snow melted almost as soon as it hit, it was just around long enough to be admired and then it was gone.  It's still pretty cold, we're in our winter coats.  The wind is the main reason for the coats.

I'm out of birdseed and probably won't get any more for a while, but I did get 4 suet cakes and put those out last night.  I don't usually feed the birds in the spring/summer/early fall.  But they like the suet cakes and they did need feeding yesterday.  We have a resident woodpecker, we've seen him a lot lately and usually on one of the suet cake feeders.

Guess Bill was right about not switching out quilts on our bed yet.  But I still want to get my patchwork quilt out!

Otter and I went to the Dollar Store this afternoon.  Among other things, we bought a dog toy.  This one is a rope toy and it's for Maggie, she loves to play tug of war.  Only problem is that it looks like a hangman's noose!  The beagle is not a smart dog, but she knew what it was the second I took it out of the bag.  She was dancing and wiggling so much in her excitement that she could hardly stand up, then she immediately grabbed the end of it and started pulling.  Frasier tried to do what he's known for - take the toy away.  So that he could take it outside.  No idea why he does that, but that's what he does.  The toy is still inside, after we had dinner I noticed that Maggie Moo was on one end of the tug toy and Bill was on the other.  Then when he got tired of it, he handed it to Otter and the beagle was still attached.

Froggy, the last comment you posted actually showed up!  But keep emailing me, at least for a while, when you leave a comment.  I'm not sure what the problem is, but Blogger told me this time that you'd left a comment.  Hopefully, it will continue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What did the groundhog say? I have forgotten.
But it is still Feb and we should have more cold weather.
I think it is great the Maggie still plays with toys. I wish cookie would, but I guess she is to old.
I do feed the birds all year. I must buy more bird seed this week.
Froggy