Thursday, October 17, 2013

3 Strikes and You're Out!

It took me three times to sign in, for some reason I kept typing my password wrong.  Or maybe I used the wrong one, after a while they all run together and I can't always remember which one goes to which account, etc.
 
Bill brought home two more half-loads of firewood this week.  The lumberyard doesn't care how they sell it, they just want it out of their way.  The first time, he almost overloaded the White Lightning, and that is saying something because those cars are pretty strong.  So, he bought a half load yesterday and another half load today.  He's probably going to get at least one more load next week, but someone he works with wants to get a few for himself and has a heavy-duty trailer so they're going to get the rest of ours and his sometime next week.  Although he mentioned how we are about out of room!  But he'll figure out a place to store it if he does get more next week.
 
I bought 40 lbs. of birdseed today.  Which won't be used until the weather is too cold for bugs.  And it is possible that I'll use more than that this winter, it depends on how much winter weather we get.  But I wanted to get some seed while I had a chance.  I also got 4 suet feeder refills.  I'll probably need more of those as well, but not anytime soon!
 
The dogs were very interested in what we were doing, when we transferred one bag of the birdseed from the bag it came in to the cans we store it in.  Their treats are stored in one of the cans, they are old popcorn cans and hold a lot.  The dogs knew which can was theirs, and they made sure we knew as well!  Otter took pity on the poor, neglected, underfed, furry brats and opened their can.  They were very happy after that, it's amazing how easily they can be bought with food!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are many times I can't remember which password goes with what. Glad you are getting the firewood and I hope that you don't have a bad winter and need it.
I feed the birds all year, especially Nov. through April.Froggy

Otter Mom said...

It took me two tries to sign in to let Froggy's comment post!