Sunday, October 20, 2013

Rearranged

We've been busy today.  Otter hasn't been busy today.  Otter has spent most of the day in bed.  I woke her up about 8:00 as she requested.  At that time, she said that she had a headache and wasn't feeling too good.  Almost immediately after that, she ran to the bathroom to throw up and has made a few more trips throughout the day.  Her headache has gotten worse, but she thinks it's probably more decaffeination at this point.  She still feels cruddy and felt feverish earlier, but didn't have fever when I took her temperature a little while ago.  However, it was just after she'd thrown up again so I'm not sure it was an accurate reading.  No achies, so I don't think it's flu.  I think she has the bug that Bill and I both had earlier in the week but I don't think she got it from us since it's been several days.  But it seems to be going around the Tulsa area, a lot of people have had this one.  She was already off work today, her D & D group was going to meet but they had to reschedule so she had made plans with J and some of their friends to go to a town near Oklahoma City for something they wanted to go to.  Obviously, Otter didn't go anywhere!  She's pretty disappointed, but she really is too sick to go anywhere.  She's off tomorrow as well, but this bug seems to have a fairly short span and she's actually feeling a little better this afternoon - not best, just better.
 
I've been looking for a coffee table for a while.  We had one, but then when we moved in 2004 we bought two sofa tables (narrow and tall, they fit behind couches) and donated the coffee table.  When the sofa tables were delivered, one was damaged and the delivery guys were very unconcerned - until RHTW* made her appearance.  Upshot is that they took the damaged table back and we kept the remaining one.  And realized very shortly that it was just too wide to use behind the sofa like we wanted to.  It gets used, it's been in a couple of places in the living room and is currently in front of the window to the back.  Bill uses it for pachinko repair and it works fine for what he needs.  I finally got tired of not having a coffee table and decided to buy one.  I've been looking on craigslist and at thrift stores, I don't like any of the newer made pieces because they are generally pretty flimsy.  I saw one listed this morning at a local "garage sale" store and it's now sitting in the middle of the living room.  With a very large, furry dog parked beside it!  We had a tall bar stool that we use as a table, it was in Otter's room for a while and then it migrated to beside the couch.  It's probably going to go back to Otter's room, she needs something to hold her phone and/or alarm clock where she can actually reach them.
 
Froggy, you probably remember the magazine stand that Uncle Aleck made - it's also in my living room and is now beside the couch where the bar stool used to be.  We had two tall lamps that we bought when we moved in, we used them for a while but then one day I realized that they hadn't been turned on in months.  They were behind the couch, the couch was off the wall just far enough that a certain beagle could get her behind back there.  Literally only her behind, it would just fit!  I took the lamps out from behind the couch, they will probably be donated somewhere.  We really don't have any more room, but it works better.  And I have a place to put my coffee!
 
I was going to work on the tulip bed today, but that hasn't happened yet and probably won't.  One day this week I'll get out there.
 
One thing that was on my list which did get done is that I dusted the living room.  That includes all the Fenton!  I had several other housecleaning chores that I managed to get done.
 
I had crochet on my list, but that hasn't happened yet either.  Hopefully, I'll get some time tonight!
 
Maggie Moo is in a little disgrace today.  Someone that Bill knows came by, he had a two pachinko machines for Bill (in payment of a repair job Bill did on one for him) and while we were standing out in the driveway talking a certain little beagle came slinking out of the garage and down the driveway to the street.  She ignored me, but she did hear me calling her name.  Because she slunk even lower to the ground!  And kept walking towards the street.  Little brat finally came back to me, she didn't like being picked up and held but I wasn't about to let her back down again.  After a little while, I put her in the back of the El Camino and she seemed to enjoy it.  New places to sniff!  When I carried her back in, I took her straight to the back yard and let her run for a while.  Frasier came out to play at that point, they were out for a while and seemed to enjoy it.
 
It's 5:00, I think I'm going to go check on Otter (she's awake I think but still in bed) and then I think I'll get my last load of laundry transferred from the washer to the dryer.  And then maybe I'll have time to crochet!

**RHTW:  RedHeadedTexanWoman.  She can be your worst nightmare. :)

(No idea why the text color is changed.)

No comments: