Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wet Wednesday

It's been raining all day.  It was expected, but not until mid-morning or later.  Of course, we woke up to rain!  Not hard, although there have been some periods of slightly heavy rain and a little thunder.  Bill didn't take his jacket today and neither did I.  We met for lunch, and got pretty wet walking from the cars to the door of the Mexican restaurant.  I had enough time to run to Wally after we ate, it slowed down until I got out of the car at the store.  Every time I was inside the car or a building, it quit or slowed down.  Any time I was outside, it poured.  I did have an umbrella in the car - but I discovered that it has a hole in it so it was kind of useless.
 
I paid off my car yesterday!  We've always paid just a little more than the payment amount and it saved us two months by doing that.  Not sure how much interest it saved, but it's paid off and I'm happy.  We don't intend to buy another car yet, Bill's Impala has issues but he thinks it will last for a while yet.  Otter drives it when she needs a car and he also has the White Lightning.  My Impala has just over 100,000 miles on it but it is in decent shape as well.  However, I now have an official case of New Car Fever.  I saw one of the newly revamped 2014 Impalas today and it was beautiful!  It's getting good reviews, not just because of the body style.  Of course, I want one.  But not anytime soon and probably not even next year - or at least that is the plan today.
 
I got a letter from my bank yesterday.  Seems that the company that administers the debit/atm cards my bank uses was hacked and my card might have been in the compromised data.  They're issuing new debit/atm cards and all the passwords have been changed.  I have to keep a close eye on my account but I do that already.  If there is anything, I am supposed to notify them immediately.  They don't necessarily think that there will be anything, but I have heard nothing on the news at all about what is a very big company being hacked.
 
I have a very large, slightly wet chupacabra at my feet.  Wet chupa smells just as bad as wet dog!  Really stinky, and of course he frequently gets up to come get ear scratches.
 
I've been working on stocking up our storm supplies.  I bought groceries yesterday, and got several of the things we like to keep on hand.  There are still a few things we need, but I spread it out over several shopping trips.  That way, wehave it when we need it and it doesn't cost us a fortune.
 
But I still need to get marshmallows!

No comments: