Sunday, October 13, 2013

Cloudy Sunday

It's Sunday.  It's Cloudy.  Easy title today.
 
Also known as I have zero imagination when it comes to thinking of titles!
 
My right knee is really bad today.  It's hurting worse than it has in a very long time.  I'm babying it as much as I can, and Bill is micro-managing me about it.  But I'm not complaining too much about the micro-managing.  Yet.  My knee problem is nothing new, it's just that it's been bothering me since we unloaded firewood from the truck last week.  It's just part of the routine and it will get better.  Until then, however...
 
Bill's going to see about more firewood this week, he and Otter get together when she gets her schedule and see what day(s) he will take the El Camino which leaves the Impala for her use.  She's probably going to be taking herself mid-week this week, due to the specific hours she works.  He's thinking Thursday might be the day he goes to the lumber yard and see if they still have any firewood left.  She only has one night this week, and it's 9:00 which isn't really late.  Unlike before, actually gets off when she's scheduled to and not an hour to an hour & a half later.  She's worked most Saturdays, but not crack-of-dawn like before.  She seems to have most Sundays off, at least that's how it's mostly been to this point.  She likes the job.
 
Movie Review:  Earth vs. the Flying Saucers.  Made in 1956 or 1957!  Have I ever mentioned that I'm addicted to the 1950's B Sci-Fi movies?  Probably many times.  I have several of them and also have a list of ones I want.  I found one of them last week, and finally had time to watch it yesterday.  I was thinking I'd seen it before, but it turned out that I hadn't seen it at all.  It was better than a lot of them; some of them are horrible but this one was actually pretty good.  It was similar to War of the Worlds and The Day the Earth Stood Still in many ways.
 
I have a new craft project.  It's yarn related, actually.  I'm working on a yarn-wrapped wreath.  I bought a 12" styrofoam wreath and started on it yesterday.  I will post pictures on the craft blog when I get it finished.  I finished up the wrapping part, I'm just still deciding on the decorations.  I saw one that was decorated with yarn balls and then two knitting needles but obviously mine won't be knitting!  It's a fun project, actually.
 
We think we have the dorkiest beagle on the face of the planet.  Both dogs were very anxious to go out in the back this morning.  I opened the door and they both flew.  Frasier immediately ran to the shed and started running around it, barking in the specific way he has that means "cat" so I thought there was probably one underneath the shed and I was right.  Maggie Moo usually goes under the shed, she never actually finds anything but she likes to hunt.  Probably the beagle instinct.  This time, even though there was something underneath the shed and she could have gotten to it, what does she do?  Sniffs the grass and trails it!  Around the tree and away from the shed.  There was a cat, and it wasn't a smart one.  Because instead of running out from under the shed on the opposite side from Frasier, it ran out right in front of him.  He came with a couple of inches of catching it, and he probably would have if the cat hadn't been able to get to the fence when it did.  Frasier actually launched himself in the air and hit the fence with both front feet, if he'd had a few more feet of ground to gain speed I really think he'd have been able to get over the 6' wooden fence.  After the cat went over the fence, it suddenly occurred to the Magginator that there was a cat!  She then got into hunting mode and remembered she could fit under the shed.  A little late to the party is our beagle!!  I also think that this is the same cat that's been in our yard multiple times.  You would think that it would have figured out that Frasier is there, he's chased it enough times.  The thing is, he's gotten closer to catching it each time.  I am really not going to be surprised if we come home someday and he's caught it.

No comments: