Sunday, October 27, 2013

It's Just Sunday

Just normal Sunday stuff around here.  Laundry mostly!  And dusting, along with using the extra-long extender on the vacuum to go after the major cobweb situation on the ceiling.
 
 But I don't want Froggy to get after me about not blogging often enough. :)
 
Otter and I did a little shopping earlier.  Among other things, we went to the party store she used to work at.  While we were there, she talked to her former boss and it was pretty obvious that they wish she was still working there.  Otter doesn't, however, and neither do we.  They have their Halloween hours posted, and midnight closing is on the schedule.  She found out that one night, they didn't get out until after 1:00 a.m.!  Otter was scheduled until 10:00 last night at her new/current job, and she actually got out about 15 minutes early - she only has the occasional night and usually it's 9:00.  But the manager is there until 10:00 and he has to have a couple of witnesses as he counts the money; the employees are rotated so that it's a very occasional thing at that.  Otter's schedule for this coming week has no nights at all.
 
Bill thinks he can drive the El Camino even though the window is braced in place.  He just usually likes to roll the windows down.  He took the winder off the inside so that he won't accidentally forget and try to roll it down.  That way, Otter will still be able to take herself to work this week.  Which is good, because most of her hours this week are in the middle of the day.
 
I have a picture on my phone and I have an adaptor to upload it to the computer, but it's in the other room and I am not in a hurry to get up and go get it.  Its a Bad Knee day.  So, the picture of the very large Black Widow Spider I found in the back yard isn't being posted today.  The builder that built a house which straddles between our back yard and the nice neighbor has to move the section of the fence behind that house (we're not surprised).  We have some bricks stacked back there (on top of the grave of a hairless cat that belonged to Lovely Neighbor) and that will be behind the fence line after it gets moved.  They can have the cat but we want the bricks!  I was moving the bricks (with my foot, I'm not stupid) and that's where the spider was.  She's still out there, I probably wouldn't have killed her anyway based on where she was but she moved really fast once the brick covering her got moved and I probably wouldn't have been able to catch her even if I wanted to.  She was the biggest Black Widow Spider I've ever seen and absolutely beautiful.  That probably sounds really strange, but it's true.
 
After shopping with me, Otter went off to meet J at the mall.  I had a few things to donate, so I went to a thrift store.  I donated and then since I was there I had to shop.  I tried on several skirts but I didn't like any of them.  It was apparently "Unwatched Bratty Kid" day at Goodwill today.  And there were a bunch of them!

No comments: