Thursday, June 26, 2014

Almost There!.

Only one more day.  Just one more work day until I have a 9-day weekend.  And I can't wait!
 
Today was Crazy Day.  It usually happens about Tuesday or Wednesday of the week prior to vacation.  This week, it was a little late.  But it still happened!  And it lived up to it's name.  But the Teenager wasn't the crazed one today, it was Younger Boss.  Teenager was fine, he was firing on all cylinders and kind of outran everybody else.  Younger Boss?  Well, he kind of lost his mind today.  As a result, I had to take off my Secretary/Office Manager hat and put on my Babysitter/Zookeeper hat.
 
But there is only one more day, and Friday is usually not the worst day before vacation.  By Friday, they've usually realized the inevitability of me being gone for a week and have started to deal with it.  I have been well beyond caught up for days now, in anticipation of Crazy Week.  I'm usually caught up anyway, I just am "more so" at this point.  I'm sure that there will be a few minor fires to be put out tomorrow, I just hope that they are only minor and not 5-alarm!
 
Bill wants a type of canvas tarp to put over the desk in the office-about-to-be-turned-into-the-pachinko-workroom.  He thought he'd have to go to a paint supply store for the kind he wanted, but Otter does work at a tool store after all.  She thought they might have some, so I went to check on them before I hit the grocery store.  The grocery store is in the same shopping center as her store.  She was putting up new price tags when I got there, she directed me to the tarps and they have exactly what he wants.  I didn't get one, I wasn't sure of the size and they have two types:  canvas and poly-backed canvas.  I didn't know for sure what kind he wants, he thinks he probably wants the plain canvas tarp.  We might get up there Sunday afternoon and buy one.  We won't have time until then.
 
The grocery store wasn't too bad.  I was in and out in about 40 minutes and I bought a lot.  A LOT.  We'll be home next week and I (maybe) will be cooking more.  Of course, the last vacation (last CHRISTmas) I didn't actually cook all that much.  We are possibly going to make pizzas one day next week, but I didn't get fixins* for that yet since that won't be determined until next week.  But, I did buy biscuits-gravy-sausage and also pancake mix (Pioneer brand of course!) and syrup.  And taco fixins* for tomorrow night.  Tacos will go well with the pina coladas I've requested Bill make tomorrow.
 
Bill needed a clock for the garage.  He keeps taking the clock out of the laundry room and then I have no idea what time it is when I'm ironing clothes to wear to work.  I got tired of my clock constantly running away so I bought him a new clock at Wallyworld today.  He wanted an electric wall clock.  But I discovered that not even the biggest, fanciest clock available is electric.  Seems strange to me.  But I think a battery operated clock is better for Bill's needs anyway.  He's going to move it constantly anyway...
 
The car seems to be fine, no sign of leaking oil.  I think I'll get the brakes done next month, more or less, depending on when it's ready for the next oil change.  But the Rack system work is going to wait.
 
Time to go surf the 'net now!
 
*Fixins.  See many posts with TEXAS language information.

No comments: