Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Expensive Day

Although not as expensive as it could have been, the Chevy service manager gave me a huge discount and saved us a couple of hundred on the repair.  But the car is fixed, the oil leak is now history.  The rack system is still leaking, but not much and will wait for a while.  However, it is going to need new brakes soon and the rotors will have to be replaced this time.  That is at least normal maintenance.  Which is nice, for a change.  The brake work will need to be done fairly soon, like within a couple of months or so, but it can wait a little while.  I don't really want to wait long, possibly next month.
 
I talked to the service manager this morning about the previous shop and told him what the receipts said.  I also told him who the shop was when I showed him the receipts for the work this afternoon when I picked up my car, and he more or less said that he'd heard other complaints about them.  I told him some of the stuff we'd had to deal with and that the mechanic had lied to me more than once - and I also told him that the joke about the red hair being a warning for the temper is not really a joke, and that the other shop's mechanic learned that the hard way!
 
Bill took me in to work this morning, I got there about 6:30.  I took the laptop with me so I could check my email, then I got out my hook & yarn.  Froggy, I put about a row and a half on the blanket for Uncle Crazy this morning.  It's coming along very well.  I'm very pleased with it.  Of course, by 3:30 I was more than ready to get out of there!  It was actually closer to 4:00 by the time I left the office, Younger Boss took me to the Chevy and the phone kept ringing so we were delayed leaving.
 
Since it's Wednesday, I went to Wine Wednesday at the liquor store on the way home.  I also bought coconut rum, I want pina coladas!  Probably Friday, Bill has requested tacos for dinner Friday night and they'll go together just fine.  Not that it matters if they do go together or not! :)
 
I'm going to rearrange my plants in the dining room.  Well, I'm going to repot one of them anyway!  My Wandering Jew, I don't remember the actual name but that is what it's called.  It's the one I bought a couple months back and it's growing out of the hanging basket it's in.  I think I'm going to transplant it to a larger pot, but I don't think I have one big enough so I'll probably hit wallyworld in the next day or so.  The aloe vera that had babies growing (I transplanted two of the three babies) is going to become a hanging plant.  The other two babies are in the smaller side windows in the dining room, I might take the remaining baby aloe and transplant it but I'm not sure about that.  The currently hanging plant that is going to become a potted plant is going to be left indoors, at least for now.  It might get moved outside, but not at the moment.
 
3 days down, 2 to go!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wandering Jew will take over anywhere you plant it. I have a lot of it in my yard and I am always pulling it out. Looking forward to getting Crazy Uncles blanket.
Glad car is fixed.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

That's why I'm planting it in a pot and it will probably not be an outside plant. I remember Mom having it everywhere, but I don't think she planted that much - it just spread.