Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Of Fish, Squirrels and Stuffz Burgers

It's Billyboy's birthday today!  He's 53.  I had to ask him, in case you are interested.  The reason I had to ask him is that I'm 6 months younger than he is but I can never remember how old I am!  So, now I know how old I am (52 until December) and that Bill is 53.  So, I'm married to an older man for 6 months and he's married to a younger woman.
 
Otter has been known as the Birthday Squirrel on her birthday since she was little bitty.  I don't remember how we came up with the name, but I think it was a play on the words "birthday girl" and she loves animals so squirrel was a natural nickname.  She's not ready to share the Squirrel nickname, so we decided that Bill is the Birthday Fish.  It just works for him so we're going with it!
 
The Stufz burgers worked ok, but they weren't as easy as it looks.  They weren't difficult, and they actually tasted very good.  Mine was stuffed with chopped onions and shredded cheese.  Bill put cheese, onions and chopped jalepenos in his.  Otter, being Otter, went with a plain hamburger - no stuffing!  But they were beef burgers, so she was happy about it.  Bill thinks that they might work better on the grill instead of cooking them on the stove, we'll probably try that the next time.  But it would have been just as easy to make stuffed patties the old fashioned way - meat patty in one hand, stuffing in the middle and another patty on top.  Then form into the shape and cook.  But it's a gadget and Bill's an engineer...
 
Otter and I went to a thrift store this afternoon.  She found a backpack to use at TNT next month.  I found a new & unused foam padded slim laptop case that actually fits my laptop.  $14.99 for the exact same thing I priced at Staples for either $69.00 or $72.00.  I'd say a got a good buy.  I found a few other things, but nothing spectacular.  Otter tried on a corset (actually meant to be worn as a blouse, it had spaghetti straps and strings in the front) but it was a little too small for her.  Which is a shame, it was a very good quality and looked really cute on her - except for the fact that she couldn't breathe!  It could have been worn as a blouse by itself or underneath a jacket.
 
The pineapple upside down cake is in the oven.  I was going to make it last night, but they are really better warm because of the brown sugar.  So I made it when we got through with dinner.  Smells really good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bill

Froggy