Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Slightly Accented

OK, so I'm a little more than slightly!  Happens after spending several days in TEXAS.  I make a serious effort not to lose my TEXAS accent, but it does soften over time.  But then I go Home again and get my TEXAN batteries recharged.  The TEXAN batteries power up my accent, among other things, and I always talk "right" upon my return to Okieland.  I'm even noticing it today, so it must be more pronounced than usual.  Not that I'm complaining!  Never about TEXAS or things TEXAN.
 
Froggy commented that the little town I couldn't remember the name of is Round Rock.  We hit several places in our shopping frenzy and they weren't all in the same town(s) so I got a little confused.
 
Otter had one night last week when she had to work until midnight.  She was scheduled for it, they were getting ready for the parking lot sale which involved a large tent and stocking it.  However, this is Oklahoma and it is Spring.  Which means that it rained.  A lot, from what she and Bill told me.  Enough that some of the merchandise got wet and the tent was basically useless, so after a few days and many hours of setting it up and stocking it, everything had to be moved back inside.  She texted me when she got home that night (I was asleep in Froggy's guest bedroom) and it was somewhere around 12:20 a.m.  She said that an owl flew in front of the car as she was leaving the parking lot, it was probably chasing something it wanted to eat.
 
Bill was sick over the weekend.  He didn't tell Otter because a) she would have worried and b) she would have told me.  He didn't tell me because a) I was several hundred miles away and would have worried and b) I was several hundred miles away and couldn't get on him about taking care of himself!  I think he had a cold-ish bug, he is still somewhat congested.
 
I managed to get to the grocery store today.  It was kind of busy, I intended to go yesterday but I was just too tired to deal with it.  I got in and out in 45 minutes or so, but they were out of the specific ground turkey meat we like so I still have another trip ahead of me but it's going to be a quick one.
 
I finally got my hummingbird feeders up.  This morning.  I put two of them up, I'm a little behind where I normally am.  By this time they have usually been up for a month or 6 weeks, but it's been rainy and cool too often to have them.  Hopefully, we'll still have some.
 
That's it for now!  More in a few days.  When I'm caught up on my resting.  And I'll still be accented then, too!  :)

No comments: