Sunday, June 15, 2014

Imagine a Fun Title Here Because I Can't Think of One!!!

It's Sunday, it's Father's Day and it's 3 days before Billyboy's birthday.  Still can't think of a good title!
 
We didn't exactly hit the ground running, but we have been busy today.  I had intended to wake Bill up with a cup of coffee this morning, we frequently bring coffee back to bed and leave the lights out on Sunday mornings.  It's a nice way to start the day.  But Bill got up a few hours before I did this morning, like maybe around 4:00 a.m., and he woke me up with coffee.  Which was good, even though the cup was full to the brim and I wound up wearing part of it!  (The sheets got yanked off the bed as soon as we finished the coffee and got up and they are now in the dryer.)
 
We went to Church, then Otter had to get ready for work almost as soon as we got home.  I ran a couple of errands, to the post office and to Wally for a couple of things I didn't realize we were out of when I went to the grocery store last week.  Later on, Bill wanted to go to the booth to check on something - he got a call from someone who had seen the machines at the booth and now her son had decided he wanted one.  She had some questions about the operation of the machines and Bill told her what she wanted to know.  She said she was going to buy one, he told to tell the cashier/owner at the store that we had authorized a 10% discount.  She did buy the machine, it was gone when we got there so Bill moved the other machines down a bit so that it doesn't look like a vacant spot.  He also needed to go to Radio Shack so we did that at the same time.
 
I got soup started in the crockpot before my first errand this morning, I used some fresh Rosemary from Otter's crop.  It's always really good with fresh Rosemary.  Very nice flavor and it smells so much better when it's cooking - it smells pretty good without it, but Rosemary just makes it better.  I made it a little differently this time, but it was not on purpose!  I thought I grabbed a can of peas, along with the corn, green beans and lima beans.  Turns out, I grabbed two cans of green beans and no peas.  Otter wasn't upset about that, she absolutely hates peas.  It was still good, even if it does have a slightly different vegetable mix!
 
Bill's beginning to rearrange the office into the pachinko workroom.  I took my 3 yarn drawer units out, they are temporarily in our bedroom.  They are also stuffed to the point of overflowing.  I also have several tote bags with yarn in them, and a couple with sewing and misc. craft stuff.  But most of them have yarn!  I really need to destash, but I'm not going to worry about that right now.  After we get all the pachinko stuff out of the living room and into the office, the yarn will be temporarily moved into the living room.  At that point, I'm going to take inventory and see what I can do about the "overabundance" of yarn that I suddenly and unexplainably have!
 
Froggy, I'm going to start on Uncle Crazy's blanket soon.  I was planning on starting on it today but I haven't had time yet.  It will go fast, it's a granny square like yours is.  It will be a little bigger, but it's a fairly simple pattern to make.  I did finish the green scarf I started when we were on the way to SA, the yarn is very pretty and will be warm but it wasn't particularly enjoyable to work with.  I will most likely make a cap to go with it, but not anytime soon!
 
Bill did get his birthday bacon.  He decided that he wanted it yesterday, since Saturday is about the only day we have time for a bigger breakfast.  Otter had to work, she left before we actually got organized enough to cook the bacon so I kept her 4 pieces back and she had a bacon sandwich when we got home.  I made bread yesterday, she had bread and bacon without anything else and she said it was good.  Bill cooked half the bacon yesterday, and we ate about half of what he cooked so we had some left for this morning.  Otter had another bacon-bread sandwich, but Bill and I had it on tortillas with cheese and scrambled eggs.  His birthday is actually Wednesday, he was thinking about blt's for dinner but Otter and I got him one of these:


It's a gadget, and gadgets are absolutely irresistible to engineers.  Bill wanted one of these the first time he aw the commercial, he also wanted a Bacon Bowl maker but changed his mind on that.  But he still wanted a Stufz, so Otter and I got one for him.  He's changed his mind on his birthday dinner.  But I expect him to have bacon stuffed in his burger!
 
I don't expect Otter to complain about that, either.  :)

It's pie time now!  Froggy, we got Bill a pie.  An ice cream pie.  Strawberry Cheesecake.  FROM BRAUMS.

No comments: