Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Busy Little Bees

Or at least busy family!  Otter's had a few later shifts lately, which is part of her new position.  She isn't complaining, it's still miles ahead of her previous job.  And it's not every night, she just has 3 this week which is unusual.  She was supposed to get off at 10:00 last night, but the floor cleaning crew got there late so she volunteered to stay a little longer.  Her boss was also there, she wasn't the only one.  But she didn't get off until nearly 11:00.  However, the previous job was often a case of the shift supposed to end at 9:00 and they didn't get out until 10:30 (one time it was actually 11:30 before they got out) because of bad management!  Also, we usually were her transportation when she had nights the old job because it was very isolated and not the best area when the sun went down.
 
I've been trying to catch up on a few UFO's and get them finished.  I really only had a few this time, Froggy - the pictures I texted you of the dogsters helping me is one of the UFO's I've had for a while.  I think I'm just about caught up now, with the exception of the scrap yarn lap robe/blanket but that's because I have used up all my scrap pieces.  Guess I'd better get a few more projects lined up so I have left over pieces of yarn!  I'm currently working on my scarf/cowl with the mink yarn, but that's an ongoing project and not a UFO.  Otter has a poncho order placed with me, and I'm going to make her a lap robe/blanket with some purple yarn I have.  It's a pretty shade of purple with flecks of other colors and she wants to get lavender for a 2nd color for it.  I have the yarn for a new scarf/hat set for myself, it's a very pretty green color.  That might be all, I'm not sure!
 
We're going to rearrange Bill's work area.  He's been using the sofa table and was supposed to contain the chaos to it.  But pachinko machines tend to spread out and take over, so he's now got about 1/2 the living room.  I have finally had enough of the disaster area, and I more-or-less bullied him into agreeing to move the entire mess out of the living room.  How?  By giving him "my half" of the office.  He can even have my desk, I don't care.  He can also have my shelf unit in the closet of the office.  I have 2 yarn drawers in the closet in there and one drawer set that is 3/4 yarn and 1/4 office supplies, they'll come out of there and I'll probably put them in the living room where his mess is, but my stuff is neat and contained.  He might take the sofa table back there, but he doesn't think so at this point.  My stash will not stay in the living room forever, eventually Otter will be out on her own and what is now her room will be the guest/craft/yarn room but as I mentioned before:  my stash is neat and not like Bill's!  The Borg Queen does not like clutter!  Therefore, she has none.  Bill might not want my desk, but he'll probably use it for a while at least.  It's eventually going to be part of the guest/craft/yarn room and will hold the sewing machines.  We're going to evict the pachinko machines from the living room when we are on vacation the first week of July.
 
Until then, I'll just put up with the creeping clutter.  Although it drives me nuts!  But it's only temporary.

No comments: