Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Does Anybody Know What Day it is?




Not Friday, that's for sure.
 
It was cold today.  I mean COLD!  It was in the low 20's when we got up, and that was the high temp for the day.  It was a downhill run all day, it was supposed to be even colder by late afternoon - about the time I'd be getting off work and possibly going to the grocery store.  So, I decided to run a couple of errands at lunch instead.  Which is when the cold front hit, several hours ahead of schedule.  Which I shouldn't have been surprised about, given the fact that the Tulsa forecasters can't predict a hole if they dig it themselves...  (As Bill says!)
 
I just about froze from the car to the door at Wallyworld, and I think I saw a few snowflakes.  The wind was terrible, they were at least right about the -4 windchill factor!  Even if they were wrong on the time.  I got my couple of things (dog food, because the dogsters told me that I would be sleeping outside tonight if I didn't get them more food!) and it the wind was even stronger on the way back to the car.  I got pretty cold going from the car to the door at work, too.
 
Of course, when I got off at 3:30 it was much warmer than it had been an lunch...
 
I put the grocery store off until tomorrow anyway.  It's supposed to be brutally cold in the morning (as opposed to lunchtime today?) but the rest of the day isn't supposed to be so bad.  But, as Bill says, they can't predict a hole...

No comments: