Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Sleet, Freezing Rain, Flurries or Nothing at All

That, in a nutshell, is our weather forecast for tonight and early tomorrow morning.
 
I guess that the forecasters think that if they say everything is possible, they will get it right.  Makes sense?  No, but apparently it does to the forecasters.
 
It has been very dry lately, we really do need some rain.  Just not the frozen variety.  There have been several grass fires in the area.  I watered the crepe myrtles Monday evening and I soaked the honeysuckle tonight.  And maybe the clematis, I'm not really sure if it's still there or not!  If it doesn't come back, I'll put a rosebush in where it was.  If it does come back, I'll still put a rose somewhere but maybe not this year.
 
Tomorrow, if it's not frozen (it shouldn't be in the afternoon), I'm going to water the tulip bed.
 
Blogger has made a few changes lately.  So far, I'm not impressed.  My blog looks different, but that wasn't my doing.
 
I haven't been able to crochet for several days.  Winter skin is back!  I had a split on my right thumb, it actually woke me up the other night when it split.  Hurt like the dickens!  It was just about healed, but yesterday the steering wheel slipped a little bit and it just about tore that same thumbnail off.  So, now I have an even bigger ouchie spot on my right thumb and this time it's under the nail a bit.  The nail is split at the edge, but I don't want to cut it off because it would have to go so far back into the quick.  It better heal quickly, I get very cranky when I don't get to crochet!
 
Michaels stores must really hate me.  They had all their yarn on sale again this week.  I pretty much have everything non-wool that they sell but this time I did find a few things I needed.  Need, not want!  I got 6 skeins of a smaller gauge, soft & silky yarn by Caron.  I've used it before, I made my turquoise shawl out of it and also Otter's rust colored scarf & hat.  It's really soft and I enjoy working with it.  I had a little bit of that type already but not much.  Otter wanted to go with me so I waited until she came over to do laundry after work yesterday.
 
Yesterday was also 50-cent corndog day at Sonic.  Otter must know her dad pretty well, because she texted me a picture of the Sonic sign the other day with instructions to let him know about it.  So, I did.  And he asked me every day if it was corndog day!  Boy likes his corndogs, a lot.  Anyway, I got his corndogs and also got dinner for myself and Otter was willing to let me buy her dinner as well.
 
My feet are nice & toasty.  I have a beagle in a blanket!  Kind of like a pig in a blanket.  She's just about that round!  Actually, she has lost a little bit of weight.  Frasier is snoozing at my feet also, but he's not a fan of blankets.  Also, he isn't snoring as loud as the beaglebrat is.
 
Guess that's it for tonight.

No comments: