Sunday, January 11, 2015

Not Ready!!!

RUN!

Monday's coming.  And there doesn't seem to be anything we can do about it.
 
Sigh.
 
It's been a good weekend.  I'm just not ready for it to be over, is all.  I went to the library yesterday, when the book bag gets too heavy to carry is how I determine that I have enough books.  Otter's method for measuring the number of books she has is when the stack of books is equal to (or over) her height, or when the stack weighs more than she does.  Either way works!
 
Otter was over today, she started out the day with a migraine and texted me that she wasn't sure if she'd make the entire day or not but then her headache got a lot better and she was able to work her entire shift.  When she got off work, she came over and brought her laundry.  While her clothes were in the washer, we ran up to the dollar store.  We also stopped at Sonic for lunch to bring home.  She spent several hours over here, part of the time was spent playing with the dogs.  The Beaglebrat was very happy to see Otter, so was the Chupacabra, but Beaglebrat still claims Otter has her person.  We had a really nice visit with her, and I think she enjoyed it too.  We might not see her again for a few days, but she is off next Saturday and she's requested a shopping day.  Which I am happy to oblige her on!  We were going to the Tulsa Flea Market but they are not open next Saturday.  They are open most Saturdays, but of course they aren't open on the day that Otter can go!  Well, maybe the next Saturday she's off.  At any rate, we have several shops we want to go to on Saturday.
 
I washed the afghan this morning.  I'd been putting it off.  It needed it, the aforementioned beaglebrat gave it a good licking not too long back.  I knew it would be fine in the washer, but the yarn is not recommended to be put in the dryer.  I was afraid it might be too heavy to put it on the only place big enough to dry it - the shower curtain rod.  But it worked fine, and it's now clean and dry.
 
I managed to get quite a bit done on Otter's poncho this morning.  I'm probably about 1/2 way done with the first half.  She's decided that she does want to use the light blue yarn for the other half, the one I'm currently working on is lavender.  That was the original plan, but she was thinking about it just being one color - lavender.  I bought the blue yarn when I got the lavender, so I'm probably not going to need to get any more of either color.
 
Darn!  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since when has not needing yarn stopped you?

Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Well, never really.