Sunday, January 04, 2015

Sunday Shopping Adventures With Otter

It is Sunday and I did get some shopping in, with Otter.  I just didn't buy anything (besides lunch!) but Otter did.  Well, I bought her some books but that was part of her Christmas presents - she always gets books and always will as part of her Christmas gifts from us.  If she ever has children, they'll get books as well.  But I didn't find anything besides that today.  We went to a few thrift stores and also the antique mall we now have our booth at - she found a purse there.
 
Frasier is very clingy today.  He was actually kind of a pest this morning.  He simply had to have all of my attention and if I wasn't petting him, he shoved his head up underneath my hand.  And he would not take "no" for an answer!  He's a lot more relaxed this afternoon, but he was a brat this morning!  Yes, I did stop what I was doing and pet him each time he decided it was affection time!
 
Bill just got on my bad side.  He reminded me that we have to go back to work tomorrow!  I've really enjoyed my week and a half off, he had a full two weeks.  I got a little crochet done, not as much as I wanted to but at least some.  I got a little crafting done, again not as much as I wanted but I enjoyed what I did manage to get done.  I slept in a lot, and I'm sure the dogsters have enjoyed having us home.  But, it's back to the real world tomorrow.  Ugh.
 
It was very cold today.  18 or thereabouts when Bill got up around 5:30, AND a 35+ mph wind.  The wind calmed down today and it did warm up a little bit, but I don't think we ever actually got over 32.  It's going to be pretty cold tonight, above freezing tomorrow (I think) but it will be extremely cold mid-week.  The fireplace has been blazing all day today, Billyboy and the dogsters have spent most of the day in front of it.  I brought in some more firewood when I got home from my shopping trip, and Bill built the fire up again.  The dogs have once again assumed their usual spots in front of it.
 
We had a nice visit with Otter.  She brought her laundry over and her 2nd load was still in the washer when we left to go shopping.  Bill finished it up for her; he teased her about paying him for doing her laundry by bringing in firewood for him. :)  The dogs were glad to see her, as usual.  But Maggie Moo was crazier than normal when her Otter got here!  She is usually overjoyed, but today she was bouncier (and brattier) than normal.  I think she's missed seeing her Otter, I think the last time Otter was actually over here was the 23rd?
 
Froggy, Otter will see about getting one or hopefully two days off when you and KN#3 are here.  If you haven't gotten your flights arranged, you should probably do that soon.  Because I'm going to hold you to your promise to come see us!

No comments: