Monday, January 05, 2015

I Survived...

my first day back at work after being off for a week and a half.



(And I do know that it's only the first day of the workweek!  But the picture fits.)
 
But it wasn't easy!  I didn't want to get up at 5:00 this morning, and I sure didn't want to go outside in the 18 degree, windy weather!
 
The Teenager was hospitalized right after Christmas.  He had been coughing some and not feeling the best, but not acting like he had anything seriously wrong with him.  A couple of days after Christmas, he was suddenly weak and wasn't able to really get up.  So the staff nurse at the retirement village he lives at got an ambulance and got him to the hospital.  Turns out, he had pneumonia.  But none of the usual symptoms, so nobody realized it.  He's been home since Saturday afternoon and he's doing much better.  He's still not back at work, he might be able to come in for a while towards the end of the week.  Until then, he's resting at home.  He has called me more times than I can count today, I love him to pieces but I wanted to take his telephone away from him by about noon today. :)  He could probably use some prayers, also his wife has a slight cold and she's also 98 years young so she could probably use a few as well.
 
As I type this, there is a roaring fire in the fireplace.  I have a blanket over my knees, it was over my legs but a certain speckled beaglebaby is a blanket thief and she's managed to get most of it off of my lap and is now cuddled up on top of it.  Bill's sitting on the other end of the couch.  SNORING.

No comments: