Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Sunday

Halelujah! He is risen! Christ is risen indeed!

That's the greeting at church as soon as everyone is seated, we always say it and since this is Easter I felt led to post it here. Sometimes I think that the emphasis on Easter has changed, it seems like people are more interested in a rabbit and chocolate candy instead of what Easter really means and is about.

We went to church this morning, it was nice to get up and actually get dressed for a change. For the most part, I've been living in my pj's the last 2 weeks. Church was not as crowded as I expected it to be for some reason. But I still enjoyed it. After we got home, I attempted to take a nap but I never could fall asleep but I did get a nice, hour-long rest.

We had a nice meal at the local in-law's house, and Otter got more candy over there so she was happy. Peeps, peeps and more peeps! When she was little, just a couple of those things would set her up for a sugar high that would last for hours! They should carry warning labels! But they are good.

Froggy, when we talked earlier you mentioned your trip this summer to see me. I just want you to know that I am going to hold you to that promise, you have to come see me! No excuses will be accepted if you try to wiggle out of it! :) And Toadles, you should find a reason to head my direction this year too! Nobody, nobody at all from my side of the family has seen my house and we've been here nearly 3 years. I think it's about time that one of you come to see me. Past time in fact.

No comments: