Thursday, April 05, 2007

I think it's Thursday

I have lost track of the days this week, but I think it's Thursday!

I saw the surgeon today. 30 minutes after my appointment time, someone else who was there asked me what time my appointment was. We discovered that we both had the same time, and so did another person who was waiting. I don't like doctors who stack patients like that! I asked the clerk how much longer, since my appointment was closer to 45 minutes late by that point and she said that the doctor wasn't even there. She called the hospital and apparently he had decided to assist in a procedure, knowing that he had people waiting in his office. I informed her that I DO NOT WAIT (Bill was ready to walk out and I have been known to myself) and that I didn't appreciate being stacked, and that I wasn't waiting much longer. All of a sudden the doctor shows up and he spent about 30 seconds looking at my incisions, then took the bandaids off, told me everything looks good and that I don't have to come back to see him unless I have problems. He did tell me that I can start eating regular food and that I might have to watch out for a few tummy problems in the near future.

We stopped at Wallyworld to get a couple of things so that Otter will get something for Easter (she reads this so I'm not telling), and I picked up a cooked chicken from their deli. It was delicious! Finally, real food! I noticed that I got full very fast.

I am going to stay home tomorrow, I am much better and enjoyed getting out of the house today but I am pretty tired now. I will go back to work on Monday and then see how it goes. With any luck I will be able to work the entire day, but my work days are short already since I'm part-time. I'm wondering if the top of my desk is even visible, since I will have been gone for 2 weeks.

I'd also like to know what happened to Spring! It was just about freezing last night and very cool today. Tonight and the next few nights are supposed to be cold, we could get a hard freeze tomorrow and Saturday nights. All the plants are now inside, the tulips should be ok but they are nearly done with blooms anyway, and I hope that my bluebonnets survive! They are full of blooms, and I have enjoyed them but I'd like to have them a little longer!

1 comment:

Jan said...

I'm late reading blogs and I hope you are feeling so much better by now! You'll get your strength back slowly and the best thing to do is not push yourself! Take care of YOU so you can take care of your loved ones! Be good to yourself and feel better soon! : )
Azbax